Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My honey arrives in the USA k-1 approved

Wikiposts

My honey arrives in the USA k-1 approved

Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:09 am
dave w

Default My honey arrives in the USA k-1 approved

I picked up my honey at the Sea-Tac airport this morning.

There really is an end to the waiting.

Best Wishes to those of you caught in Nebraska Hell.

Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:21 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My honey arrives in the USA k-1 approved

Well come on Dave! We need more details than that. I bet you haven't stopped since she stepped on the plane in Manila.

Many congrats.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Susanna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dave w

God Bless you Dave you have been so excited and I think that is lovely.
But Dave lol a bit concerned that you have time to let us know any details yet? lol you know what I meen

Seriously Be HAPPY The best to both of you
Old Feb 15th 2004, 8:56 am
dave w

Originally posted by sibsie
Well come on Dave! We need more details than that. I bet you haven't stopped since she stepped on the plane in Manila.

Many congrats.

My honey is sleeping now, it is close to 6 am manila time monday morning, and its 2 pm here in seattle.

I asked her about the POE and she said that it was very easy. They were very nice to her. They asked her when she is getting married, and she said March 27 th , but we are not exactly sure. We have to go to marriage counseling with my church and make the arrangments for the wedding.

So, Faye was not held up in any way at the POE in Seattle. Seattle is a very mult-national place. There are many people here from all over the world, and a large number of asian people live here. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Faye bought her wedding dress in the Philippines, and she showed it to me and her shoes and so on. They are very beautiful. We saved a few hundred dollars by doing that.

I feel strange in a way. It was november 2002 when we met online in chat on Yahoo. Soon after we met, we chatted for many hours one weekend and I asked for her cell number and then I called her and asked her to marry me. I had not seen her yet. She was in a grocery store and she squealed Yes! Yes!

So then we exchanged pictures and i saw her on webcam after that. I told her that I hope she is not ugly, because I love her. lol. It turned out that Faye is very cute, and of course I think she is beautiful also. I will post our picture here one of these days with my boys.

I went to see her in Feb and again in July and then we finally have this wonderful day. I am still in shock. We went to church together today, and I was so proud of her. I attend a church that is a mix of mostly asian and white people. Everyone is tired of hearing me talk about her, so they are glad she is here.

Sometimes I wondered if they thought I was making her up, because this took so long. Many of them had looks of surprise on their faces when I said "this is her" !

well, like I say, I feel for those of you waiting in Texas and Nebraska centers. There is an end folks, just keep praying and God will see you through so that you and yours can begin to realize the beauty of your dreams together.
Well, thats some details for you..

Old Feb 15th 2004, 9:24 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Much better! Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about your wedding. Good luck settling in.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 3:13 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you both. I'm glad to hear Faye had a painless POE experience.

Leslie
Old Feb 16th 2004, 2:24 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

We are all glad that Faye had a painless experience, as it is not easy flying all that way and merging into a new culture. I am sure that everyone in this group wishes her all the best. You however, promised Rete that you would stop posting here as you have been causing so much trouble with your antics. Why are you back? Can't you honor your own word?

Scott Henshaw
Old Feb 16th 2004, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:11 am
Andy Westmoreland

"dave w" wrote:
    > Everyone is
    > tired of hearing me talk about her, so they are glad she is here.
    > Sometimes I wondered if they thought I was making her up, because this
    > took so long. Many of them had looks of surprise on their faces when I
    > said "this is her" !

I know what you mean, although it's just as tiring for me to keep answering
the same "Have you heard anything yet?" with the same "No, nothing.".

People not involved in the process don't realise how much you put your life
on hold over this.
On a couple of occasions recently people have asked me to go somewhere with
them in May.
I tell them that I can't commit to anything as I hope to be gone by then.
They just looked at me disbelievingly and said "Sure! You said that last
year!"

We're beginning to worry now that it's exceeded 240 days since NOA1 though.
I never expected it to be within the 180, but it is beginning to seem like
we've been waiting more than most on here.

Andy

Old Feb 16th 2004, 10:35 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Congrats to you both!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:51 am
Just Joined

ElusiveSongbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Heartiest Congratulations!

I am from Faye's part of the world and like her, came to Seattle to marry my American husband whom I also met online! I had to smile when I read about your savings on the wedding dress and shoes because I did the same thing!

Wishing you both a wonderful life together!

--------------------------------------------

My honey is sleeping now, it is close to 6 am manila time monday morning, and its 2 pm here in seattle.

I asked her about the POE and she said that it was very easy. They were very nice to her. They asked her when she is getting married, and she said March 27 th , but we are not exactly sure. We have to go to marriage counseling with my church and make the arrangments for the wedding.

So, Faye was not held up in any way at the POE in Seattle. Seattle is a very mult-national place. There are many people here from all over the world, and a large number of asian people live here. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Faye bought her wedding dress in the Philippines, and she showed it to me and her shoes and so on. They are very beautiful. We saved a few hundred dollars by doing that.

I feel strange in a way. It was november 2002 when we met online in chat on Yahoo. Soon after we met, we chatted for many hours one weekend and I asked for her cell number and then I called her and asked her to marry me. I had not seen her yet. She was in a grocery store and she squealed Yes! Yes!

So then we exchanged pictures and i saw her on webcam after that. I told her that I hope she is not ugly, because I love her. lol. It turned out that Faye is very cute, and of course I think she is beautiful also. I will post our picture here one of these days with my boys.

I went to see her in Feb and again in July and then we finally have this wonderful day. I am still in shock. We went to church together today, and I was so proud of her. I attend a church that is a mix of mostly asian and white people. Everyone is tired of hearing me talk about her, so they are glad she is here.

Sometimes I wondered if they thought I was making her up, because this took so long. Many of them had looks of surprise on their faces when I said "this is her" !

well, like I say, I feel for those of you waiting in Texas and Nebraska centers. There is an end folks, just keep praying and God will see you through so that you and yours can begin to realize the beauty of your dreams together.