Reload this Page >

My Fiancé Visa Progress & Timeline

My Fiancé Visa Progress & Timeline

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Checkmate1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Fiancé Visa Progress & Timeline

Originally Posted by BigT103
Our petition is for a spouse visa (IR1) and we filed at the beginning of February 2017, so we have been waiting nearly 19 months and we're only just at the NVC stage!
The entire system is in shambles right now. Unbelievable backlogs at all levels. Understaffed, underfunded, mismanaged. We need change, but there is no political willpower to affect change. It's an outrage. American citizens are directly affected by this mess.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

01morrissonj is an unknown quantity at this point

The processing time seems different between different sites, ours went to California so we're nearing that processing window.
I know it's a while to go yet but it would be nice to see a bit of progress.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 1:18 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 01morrissonj
The processing time seems different between different sites, ours went to California so we're nearing that processing window.
I know it's a while to go yet but it would be nice to see a bit of progress.
We filed last December and it took us 6.5 months for our I-129F to be accepted, it's a long frustrating wait but once accepted the process picks up pace.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 5:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Checkmate1
The entire system is in shambles right now. Unbelievable backlogs at all levels. Understaffed, underfunded, mismanaged. We need change, but there is no political willpower to affect change. It's an outrage. American citizens are directly affected by this mess.
BigT failed to mention that they had issues with an incorrectly filed I-130 by their US immigration attorney who filed for adjustment of status rather than an IR-1 visa obtained outside of the US. So his timeline can't be construed as the norm for anyone going through the I-130 process for a Visa.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Checkmate1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
BigT failed to mention that they had issues with an incorrectly filed I-130 by their US immigration attorney who filed for adjustment of status rather than an IR-1 visa obtained outside of the US. So his timeline can't be construed as the norm for anyone going through the I-130 process for a Visa.
Fair enough, but you can see below that the processing times have been increasing across the board...

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 11:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they have been increasing for over a year now. I know they have started the unprecedented interviewing of change of status to permanent residency for those here in the US on work visas. That has cut into manpower needed for adjudicating adjustment of status due to marriage to a US Citizen.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

I've tried to adopt a "it takes as long as it takes" attitude, if I worry or fret about how long its taking, then it just makes things worse.
I have my work, so although sitting around waiting sucks, I am able to save money and keep myself occupied.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Correct Rete, however I will be lucky to get back to my wife before the two year mark, and it certainly doesn't make it any easier.

Only one good thing will come from this is an IR1 visa rather than a CR1 meaning I wont have to deal with the USCIS to remove conditions!
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Great attitude and the perfect spin on this misadventure.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Unfortunately no progress to report, but I did pull together somewhat of a Gant Chat that might illustrate things along side a simple list of dates and actions;

As things progress and more information becomes available I will update this.

Thanks very much,

Last edited by 01morrissonj; Aug 13th 2018 at 1:51 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Quick update from last night:

Early March 2018 - Met with lawyer to discuss our options and how to move forward
27th March 2018 - Submitted I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé
9th April 2018 - Received Form I-797C Notice of Action with received date of 4th April 2018 (online case tracker also confirms received date of 4th April)
25th July 2018 - No further progress yet
15th August 2018 - Following a talk with the immigration lawyer, he informs us that it could be another 3 - 6 months.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Nicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond reputeNicola1234 has a reputation beyond repute

You probably won’t get NOA2 until mid October if everything is straight forward. They are currently working on the first half of Feb filers so jusy sit back and relax.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey! I applied for my K1 back in June 2017 and got it in hand this year in April.. so it took around 9 months. Enjoy your time at home, I’ve been here (Nebraska) for 4 months now, love it here and the way of life but I do miss the U.K. and my family. Never been to Louisiana, but I’ve heard they have some good food down there 😁
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Small Update

Early March 2018 - Met with lawyer to discuss our options and how to move forward
27th March 2018 - Submitted I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé
9th April 2018 - Received Form I-797C Notice of Action with received date of 4th April 2018 (online case tracker also confirms received date of 4th April)
25th July 2018 - No further progress yet
15th August 2018 - Following a talk with the immigration lawyer, he informs us that it could be another 3 - 6 months.
17th August 2018 - Filed for ACRO Police Certificate
22nd August 2018 - Received Police Certificate
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Muna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 01morrissonj
Hi all,

Unfortunately no progress to report, but I did pull together somewhat of a Gant Chat that might illustrate things along side a simple list of dates and actions;

As things progress and more information becomes available I will update this.

Thanks very much,
As someone who is a sucker for nice charts and graphs, can I just say how much I love this? Going to replicate it for my own journey. Good luck on yours! From what I've seen/read, the worst is over and you've only got a couple months left in phase 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.