Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My Experience from start to finish.

Wikiposts

My Experience from start to finish.

Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:25 am
Paul NC

paulNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Experience from start to finish.

I am a UK lad married to an American citizen. Over in the USA and filing I-485 Adjustment of status and I-130.

This is my first entry. - Medical for I-693

went to get my medical done today for the Form I-693.
I picked a medical doctor (Civil Surgeon) from the UCSIS website.
Link: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=CIV

I Picked Concentra in Charlotte.
Staff were very good and helpful.
The doctor gave me a physical. all ok. Nurses gave me the TB test, Took blood and gave me MMR and a Tetanus.
For a rough guide it cost $258 for all this and the completion of form.
I have to go back Thurs/Fri to get signed off from the TB test and collected completed form.

Filing I-130 and I-485 on Monday. Made an appointment via infopass to file forms at the local UCSIS office. That way we can get them checked and file them at the same time.
We got passport photos from Walgreens. 6 of each of us to be on the safe side. $50. not the cheapest!

I will update Monday on how the filing goes.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Experience from start to finish.

Originally Posted by paulNC
Filing I-130 and I-485 on Monday. Made an appointment via infopass to file forms at the local UCSIS office. That way we can get them checked and file them at the same time.
hmm.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you post the link or cite the source for being able to file this way?

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:02 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

pNC,

Please do update us. I recall trying to get my wife's I-485 submitted at our local office a few years back, they refused to take it and insisted that I submit to the Chicago lockbox.

What do you mean by "get them checked"? Surely you aren't expecting that someone at the local office is going to review the submission package for you ...

Regards, JEff

I will update Monday on how the filing goes.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:04 am
Paul NC

paulNC is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, well Charlotte now offers to submit forms at site.
Will let you know.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmm .... wondering if the old test of instanteous adjustment of status is once again being tried at various district offices. The last time I believe Dallas accepted the submission and within a month those people had adjusted status.

Paul, let us know if you are interviewed the same day as submission.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

yes, well Charlotte now offers to submit forms at site.
Will let you know.
Will you share where you found that out please? It could help other people.