My CR-1 timeline

Old Aug 19th 2019, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

lsteele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My CR-1 timeline

Originally Posted by Tkd67

Congrats, finally, I had the same feelings, it took forever.
during my final stage, my problems arose with the upload of my documents, they had a problem with my police certificate not showing properly at there end , I sent the damn thing 5/6 times...there was a 10 day wait period until it was viewed and ticked green...
Next problem was at the interview my deed poll, was not uploaded, although not asked for in list, and the Next big one was the Tax transcript, get it and upload it..... it was heartbreaking to have my visa put on hold on the day, to get the last 2 documents in order where I believe , they were never in the list...once sorted, from date of interview to visa in hand was 10 days, and I flew 3 weeks later....
You will look back and feel it went all so quickly, lol , not yet though.. Good luck..
Can I ask why the required deed poll? UK government state that you are not required to update name changes for marriage via deed poll. I updated my passport/driving license using my marriage certificate. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything 😊
Old Aug 19th 2019, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies everyone. Been busy getting my paperwork in order ready for the next stage when I hear from NVC. Flying out to New Orleans for a short break next weekend - can't wait.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

salachar3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know which center your I-130 package went to? Each has a different waiting period, posted on the USCIS website. That said, the website said one year ago that my wife and I should expect to wait 8-11 months, and we were approved at only 5 months. Then on to the NVC ... great challenges there, and not fast!
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got the email from NVC today - almost two months after NOA2 so there is definitely a backlog slowing things down. We'll get the fees paid today and hopefully things will speed up now. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!
Old Jul 31st 2020, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Wow. Been a while since I updated here...

Almost 2 years after starting the process, I finally had my interview in London yesterday. All was good and my visa is approved, so I should be heading out fairly soon.

A few notes about the embassy experience in these weird times - security line was fairly short, about 8-10 people in line at 10:15. I was directed to first floor via the lift, and found the seating area. Note that at the moment there are no numbers or tickets being handed out - take a seat and you'll be called by name to hand over documents (I was asked for original birth and marriage certificates, courier address confirmation, police certificate and a photo (which was scanned and handed straight back). I waited about another 10 minutes before being called over for the interview, which was very friendly and informal, albeit with an undertone of seriousness.

Just waiting for my passport now so I can make arrangements to travel and quit my job etc. Website status currently shows 'Appointment' - hoping that's normal lol
Old Jul 31st 2020, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

craig10104 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Given2Fly

Almost 2 years after starting the process, I finally had my interview in London yesterday. All was good and my visa is approved, so I should be heading out fairly soon.

A few notes about the embassy experience in these weird times - security line was fairly short, about 8-10 people in line at 10:15. I was directed to first floor via the lift, and found the seating area. Note that at the moment there are no numbers or tickets being handed out - take a seat and you'll be called by name to hand over documents (I was asked for original birth and marriage certificates, courier address confirmation, police certificate and a photo (which was scanned and handed straight back). I waited about another 10 minutes before being called over for the interview, which was very friendly and informal, albeit with an undertone of seriousness.

Just waiting for my passport now so I can make arrangements to travel and quit my job etc. Website status currently shows 'Appointment' - hoping that's normal lol
Hi, I had my interview for the CR-1 visa on the 23rd this month and recieved my passport yesterday, exactly a week after. It's normal to just show appointment, mine still does just with a courier tracking number in the status
Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ah cool, thanks Craig. I figured I wouldn't worry too much about website status. If that's all it says it might stop me obsessively checking every couple of hours lol
Old Aug 1st 2020, 3:20 pm
T3G
Just Joined

T3G is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! When were you DQ'd if you don't mind me asking? And did you file DCF or NVC?
Old Aug 1st 2020, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by T3G
Congrats! When were you DQ'd if you don't mind me asking? And did you file DCF or NVC?
Sorry, DQed?

Filed via NVC, I-130 was filed August 2018 so it's been a while. Feels great to have the end in sight.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 5:12 am
T3G
Just Joined

Sorry, DQed?

Filed via NVC, I-130 was filed August 2018 so it's been a while. Feels great to have the end in sight.
Sorry, documentarily qualified. The point at which NVC confirmed that all of the documents you submitted on the CEAC website (birth certificate, marriage certificate, police clearance etc) had been accepted? I wondered at what point you got that confirmation (ie before or during lockdown) to get a sense of your time line from DQ to interview.

You’ve been in the process for a long time, I hope your passport is back soon so you can finally be on your merry way!
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Ah gotcha - that would've been around mid December. Originally the interview was scheduled for April 21st, but obviously lockdown happened. Rescheduled when I saw on here that people were booking again (no email or anything from embassy or anywhere) - if I'd thought to phone for a medical appointment before choosing the date I could've got it a week or so sooner but just glad it's done.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 11:37 am
T3G
Just Joined

Ah gotcha - that would've been around mid December. Originally the interview was scheduled for April 21st, but obviously lockdown happened. Rescheduled when I saw on here that people were booking again (no email or anything from embassy or anywhere) - if I'd thought to phone for a medical appointment before choosing the date I could've got it a week or so sooner but just glad it's done.
Great, thank you. Just gives some indication of where things are at the embassy now. Good luck for the big move
Old Aug 14th 2020, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

My passport was delivered just after 9 this morning, 15 days after my interview. Got a helpful email around 11 with the tracking number lol

Thank you to everyone here for your help and patience in answering questions, it's been invaluable.

Now I've got to finish packing, and fly out around mid October, hopefully before the air travel situation gets any worse.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 12:48 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You know you can't fly direct from the UK, right?

You will have to fly to a 3rd country on the approved list, quarantine for 14 days, THEN fly to the US. Unless something has changed recently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.