Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My Concurrent Filing Checklist

My Concurrent Filing Checklist

Old Apr 29th 2014, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Concurrent Filing Checklist

My wife and I are about to file her (as petitioner) I-130 and my (as beneficiary) I-485. This is the cover letter I plan to include, listing package contents. I would appreciate comments, even if they're just to say it looks fantastic (I can dream!).

• G-1145, e-notification of application/petition acceptance

• I-130, petition for spouse of US Citizen

Check for $420
G-325a for Bob L’Eponge (beneficiary)
Photograph of Bob L’Eponge (beneficiary)
G-325a for Sandy Cheeks (US Citizen sponsor)
Photograph of Sandy Cheeks (US Citizen sponsor)
Copy of Sandy Cheeks US passport pages showing biographical data & entry/exit stamps.
Copy of marriage certificate for Sandy Cheeks & Bob L’Eponge
Copy of document showing that Bob L’Eponges previous marriage was legally terminated.
Additional supporting evidence of bona fide marital relationship:
Copy of tenancy lease agreement for prior residence.
Copy of tenancy lease agreement for current residence.
Copy of auto insurance
Bank Statements for jointly held accounts dating from October 2013 to March 2014
Various photographs from Sandy Cheeks & Bob L’Eponges wedding/reception.

• I-485, Application to adjust status

Check for $1070
Two photographs of Bob L’Eponge
G-325a for Bob L’Eponge (beneficiary)
Copy of U.K. birth certificate
Copy of most recent electronic I-94 record showing entry on April 13th 2014 in E2 status
Copy of Bob L’Eponges passport pages, showing biographical data, current E2 Visa & all entry/exit stamps.
Copy of ACRO Police Certificate, obtained in 2012 to support E2 visa application, showing ‘No Trace’.
Form I-864, Affadavit of Support and supporting documents:

o Letter from Sandy Cheeks employer, Current Employer Inc, verifying her current annual salary.
o 2013 W-2 from sponsors employer, Current Employer Inc
o 2013 W-2 from sponsors employer, Previous Employer Inc
o 2013 W-2 from beneficiaries employer, A Different Employer Inc.
o 2013 Form 1040, sponsor & beneficiaries joint federal income tax return

• I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, in sealed envelope

• I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Proof of identity: copy of E2 visa
Copy of most recent electronic I-94 record showing entry on April 13th 2014 in E2 status

• I-131, Application for travel document (advance parole)

Proof of identity: copy of E2 visa
Old Apr 29th 2014, 8:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Concurrent Filing Checklist

Originally Posted by captainsensible
Copy of Sandy Cheeks US passport pages showing biographical data & entry/exit stamps.
The entry/exit stamp pages are not necessary. She's only using the US passport to verify she's a USC.

Copy of document showing that Bob L’Eponges previous marriage was legally terminated.
If this was in the UK, it's the right version of the final divorce decree, right? Not something called NISI (I think?)

Not sure why you have 3 passport style photos for the I-485...but I haven't read the instructions recently...does it ask for 3?

Copy of ACRO Police Certificate, obtained in 2012 to support E2 visa application, showing ‘No Trace’.
This isn't required.

Rene
Old Apr 29th 2014, 8:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Copy of U.K. birth certificate
Long form, right?

Rene
Old Apr 29th 2014, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Long form, right?

Rene
Yep
Old Apr 29th 2014, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was including her entry/exit stamps to show visits to the UK but I concede its probably not necessary.

The divorce document is the decree absolute, which is the final decree.

I included 2 passport photos for the I-485 and 1 for the G-325a, hence 3 in total in that package.

I am including the ACRO certificate re my other thread about I-485 convictions to establish, in lieu of court records, that I have no convictions (plus supporting letter attached to I-485).

And how do I multiquote?!??
Old Apr 29th 2014, 9:01 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I are about to file her (as petitioner) I-130 and my (as beneficiary) I-485. This is the cover letter I plan to include, listing package contents. I would appreciate comments, even if they're just to say it looks fantastic (I can dream!).
Folinsky's three rules of successful [or at least not damaging] dealings with the Dark Forces:

1. Tell the truth
2. Understand the question. If you don't understand, you run the risk of violating rule #1
3. Answer the question and nothing else.

Rule #1 is the most important.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 9:03 pm

And how do I multiquote?!??
At the bottom right of each post, there are some blue boxes. The 2nd one from the right is the "multi-quote" button. You click that button on all the posts you want to quote, and then on the last one you click that one plus the regular quote button, and it gives you a new post showing all the mutiple quotes.

Rene
Old Apr 29th 2014, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Folinsky's three rules of successful [or at least not damaging] dealings with the Dark Forces:

1. Tell the truth
2. Understand the question. If you don't understand, you run the risk of violating rule #1
3. Answer the question and nothing else.

Rule #1 is the most important.
I believe that I have adhered to all 3!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
At the bottom right of each post, there are some blue boxes. The 2nd one from the right is the "multi-quote" button. You click that button on all the posts you want to quote, and then on the last one you click that one plus the regular quote button, and it gives you a new post showing all the mutiple quotes.
Cool! Thanks!
Old Apr 30th 2014, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, its sent!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Just as an update, the file was received on May 2nd - I received my biometrics appointment for the date of June 4th, but I did an early walk in on May 25th (and was allowed to do so!).

Today I received notification of an interview date of July 9th! So 70 days from filing to interview - seems pretty quick to me!!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 12:33 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just as an update, the file was received on May 2nd - I received my biometrics appointment for the date of June 4th, but I did an early walk in on May 25th (and was allowed to do so!).

Today I received notification of an interview date of July 9th! So 70 days from filing to interview - seems pretty quick to me!!
Wow, that is quick! Let us know how you get on
Old Jul 10th 2014, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Approved yesterday!
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Green card received in the mail on Friday, so by my reckoning, thats 79 days from receipt of AOS application to receiving physical green card. Got to be some kind of record!!
Old Jul 21st 2014, 3:02 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General advice: "Your mileage may vary." Different CIS offices work on different schedules and different backlogs.

I recently did one for an office where I am "of counsel" which had a complicated "Quilantan" issue therein and one minor conviction of a CIMT from 20 years ago. Case approved at interview -- I like to think that my excellent lawyering did the trick and the cutest little 2 year old girl you ever saw had nothing to do with it.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I like to think that my excellent lawyering did the trick and the cutest little 2 year old girl you ever saw had nothing to do with it.
In much the same way I like to think it was my natural charm, wit and good looks that did the trick and my excellent form filing was only secondary...