My AOS package

Old Jun 17th 2012, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold
Default My AOS package

Hi,

Just put my package together and wanted to triple check with you guys if I had missed anything. Here goes...

Form G-1145

Application for Adjustment of Status
Cheque for $1070
Form I-485
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of K-1 visa and copy of I-94 (front and back)
Copy of biographical data page of passport
2 passport photos
Copy of DS-3025 completed vaccination record
Form G-325A
Continuation sheet for Form G-325A
Form I-864
Copies of tax return
Copy of 2011 Form 1040 and W2
Copy of 2010 tax transcript
Copy of 2009 tax transcript
Evidence of eligibility
Copy of Form I-797, Fiancé petition approval notice
Copy of marriage certificate

Application for Employment Authorization
Form I-765
Copy of biographical page of passport
2 passport photos

Application for Travel Document
Form I-131
Continuation sheet for Form I-131
2 passport photos

What do you think? Thank you
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My AOS package

Originally Posted by Holliver
Form I-864
Copies of tax return
Make sure the 2011 is a photocopy of ALL pages of the tax return. Not just the 1040 and W2. If there were any schedules or other forms in the tax return, make sure they are ALL photocopied.

I don't see any reference to proof of current income, such as pay stubs or employment letter.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2012, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Make sure the 2011 is a photocopy of ALL pages of the tax return. Not just the 1040 and W2. If there were any schedules or other forms in the tax return, make sure they are ALL photocopied.

I don't see any reference to proof of current income, such as pay stubs or employment letter.

Rene
I didn't think I had to submit proof of current income and/or an employment letter. It says that "you are not required to submit this evidence."

Hmm, little bit worried now, maybe I should photocopy some payslips.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 6:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think I had to submit proof of current income and/or an employment letter. It says that "you are not required to submit this evidence."

Hmm, little bit worried now, maybe I should photocopy some payslips.
Where does it say that? To my knowledge, proof of current income is required.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rene
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Top right of page 7. Specifies in bold that you are not required to submit evidence unless requested. Maybe it's changed?
Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:12 pm

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Top right of page 7. Specifies in bold that you are not required to submit evidence unless requested. Maybe it's changed?
I guess most people include the evidence to avoid getting an RFE.

Rene
Old Jun 18th 2012, 3:49 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

On the I-864 instructions.

Rene
My sense is that in the years since USCIS issued its final rule implementing the I-864 requirement for immigrants (about 6 years ago), both consular and USCIS officers have adopted to the differences between the interim rule (that had been in effect for 10 years or so) and the final rule. In particular, we no longer seem to be seeing RFEs for 3 years of tax return rather than 1, and we no longer seem to be seeing as many RFEs for employment letters and pay stubs. The policy is that the most recent tax return is taken to be sufficient evidence of current income in the absence of a change of circumstance other than the passage of time.
I guess most people include the evidence to avoid getting an RFE.

Rene
Regards, JEff
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:18 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Danger Will Robinson.

I learned from my prior incarnation that answering this question is considered rude and condescending. I'm still puzzled about that one. I have yet to see a reasonable explanation of why that is so.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 6:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What question is "this question"?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Danger Will Robinson.

I learned from my prior incarnation that answering this question is considered rude and condescending. I'm still puzzled about that one. I have yet to see a reasonable explanation of why that is so.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

mikaela_jan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just put my package together and wanted to triple check with you guys if I had missed anything. Here goes...

Form G-1145

Cheque for $1070
Form I-485
2 passport photos
Form G-325A
Form I-864
Copies of tax return
Evidence of eligibility

Application for Employment Authorization
Form I-765
2 passport photos

Application for Travel Document
Form I-131
Continuation sheet for Form I-131
2 passport photos

What do you think? Thank you
Hi, I am about to send my AOS package, but just want to clarify. Did you send the form I-693?

Thanks a lot.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mikaela_jan
Hi, I am about to send my AOS package, but just want to clarify. Did you send the form I-693?

Thanks a lot.
Form I-693 is not required for those AOS from a K1 visa since they have a medical done before they get their visa.

If you are adjusting status from something other than a K1, then yes you will need to file Form I-693, which is completed and signed by an approved civil surgeon for a complete AOS package.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Leyther
Form I-693 is not required for those AOS from a K1 visa since they have a medical done before they get their visa.

If you are adjusting status from something other than a K1, then yes you will need to file Form I-693, which is completed and signed by an approved civil surgeon for a complete AOS package.
Thanks a lot Leyther.. it made me feel better...
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikaela_jan

Thanks a lot.
No, I didn't. I sent in the form DS-3025 vaccination report from my medical before moving to the US.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

No, I didn't. I sent in the form DS-3025 vaccination report from my medical before moving to the US.
Thanks Holliver... I will do the same...
Old Jun 26th 2012, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Cheque for $1070
Form I-485
2 passport photos
Form G-325A
Form I-864
Copies of tax return
Evidence of eligibility

Hi, i would like to clarify what do you mean by evidence of eligibility?

thanks again....

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 26th 2012 at 7:59 pm. Reason: cleaned up quotes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.