Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Mumbai K1 admistrative processing success!!

Mumbai K1 admistrative processing success!!

Old Nov 25th 2003, 6:38 am
Just Joined

dksngc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mumbai K1 admistrative processing success!!

After nearly 5 months on administrative processing, my fiance was FINALLY approved for a visa through the mumbai embassy!!
Strangely enough a man from the embassy called my house in Los Angeles to talk to my father. He asked my father a few general questions and apologized for the lengthy process. He said there is no reason for my fiance, you know him as makkabokka, to be on processing any longer and that as soon as he contacts him, my fiance can go to the embassy and pick up the visa. Does anyone know how they will contact him? He let me and my family know our case was approved but he has not yet called my fiance personally. Do they send a letter?

I am so happy!! To anyone else on processing....be patient but keep contacting the embassy to let them know you are still interested.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 10:38 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mumbai K1 admistrative processing success!!

I dont have any advice or knowledge of how things progress for you now, just wanted to say congrats finally and hope you guys are together soon
Old Nov 25th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

IMhp is an unknown quantity at this point

Most probabley by mail. But you can be more proactive by going to mumbai consulate and asking for the status at information window and they should give you letter right there.

Congratulations to you and to makkabokka. Wait is always worth while. Hope things go much smooth form here on.

Originally posted by dksngc
After nearly 5 months on administrative processing, my fiance was FINALLY approved for a visa through the mumbai embassy!!
Strangely enough a man from the embassy called my house in Los Angeles to talk to my father. He asked my father a few general questions and apologized for the lengthy process. He said there is no reason for my fiance, you know him as makkabokka, to be on processing any longer and that as soon as he contacts him, my fiance can go to the embassy and pick up the visa. Does anyone know how they will contact him? He let me and my family know our case was approved but he has not yet called my fiance personally. Do they send a letter?

I am so happy!! To anyone else on processing....be patient but keep contacting the embassy to let them know you are still interested.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations !
Old Nov 25th 2003, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, dksngc and makkabokka!!!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

Strangely enough a man from the embassy called my house in Los Angeles to talk to my father. He asked my father a few general questions and apologized for the lengthy process.

I do not want to panic you with this, but I am putting this out there. Was your father sure that the caller was from the embassy? Was there any request for specific information or mention of money?
My recent experience makes me a little gun shy. My father-in-law just called a few night ago. Someone had driven to his house to tell him that his son had sent a package from the US, and he needed to give this man money to clear the package through customs. We had not sent a package, and my husband told him so. I don't know what my father-in-law did to the man, but I wouldn't want to be the one caught trying to trick him. My husband didn't know the man by description or name, but word of a relative in the US gets around pretty quickly and travels pretty far.
The positive possibility is that the embassy official was trying to ascertain whether your family knew about the relationship before they actually approved the visa. I don't know how they would notify your fiance, but maybe he should try calling.

I am going to assume the positive in wishing you congratulations!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

dksngc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your concern, but we are sure it was a man from the embassy since he did not at first get through on our line. He left a message on our machine and my dad called the embassy to return his call. It's the same number we have called before. He did not ask for any money but instead he was making my father aware of some things on our application (which my father was already aware of so it wasn't a problem).

My fiance has tried to call the embassy to see how they will contact him but I'm sure everyone here knows how difficult it is to get through. I am guessing by mail which will arrive hopefully not much later than the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I will try to email them but again Im sure most of you know they usually don't reply. I think I received one reply for ever ten emails I sent during the processing time. I will jsut feel so much better when my fiance is holding the physical visa in his hand.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

dksngc and makkabokka!!!
namaste and wecome to the rest of your life!

Best wishes,
Old Nov 30th 2003, 8:47 pm
hbd
Forum Regular

hbd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there!...congrats!!...to u and to makkabokka as well...its been a long wait for u guys..

as for me i had dissapeared for a bit ...was busy getting married!!.....had a wonderful marriage now back to paperwork..hehe..anyone has recently been thru chicago for AOS?Please fill us in with any details u may have..the do's and dont's..

thanks!