Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Multiple wives question

Wikiposts

Multiple wives question

Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all
Default Re: Multiple wives question

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Geez... you're an arrogant bitch, aren't you?
I thought this was a moderated forum. Ridiculous!

Last edited by wildestkabs; Apr 16th 2007 at 7:55 am.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
This is an unmoderated newsgroup: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328339
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
This is an unmoderated newsgroup
Hmm. So if I find a post offensive to me, and I click on the "report" button, what happens? Do the moderators take any action, if the post is deemed to be offensive?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. So if I find a post offensive to me, and I click on the "report" button, what happens? Do the moderators take any action, if the post is deemed to be offensive?
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

There's the website, and there's the newsgroup.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:00 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore Ian - he thinks it's cool to be rude (viz. his moniker...).

Come over into the 'proper' (USA + Lounge) forums where some really nice people hang out!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

There's the website, and there's the newsgroup.
Site Rules:

*Emphasis all mine*

1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

12. Anyone who finds a posted message objectionable is encouraged to notify a moderator immediately. We have the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame if we determine that removal is necessary.

Those to me suggest that this forum *is* moderated. I hope you are not taking this personally, though.

Last edited by wildestkabs; Apr 16th 2007 at 7:07 am.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:07 am

Site Rules:

1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

12. Anyone who finds a posted message objectionable is encouraged to notify a moderator immediately. We have the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame if we determine that removal is necessary.

Those to me suggest that this forum *is* moderated. I hope you are not taking this personally, though.
Nice try.
13. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, for a moment I thought I was in the Lounge.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.
I read that too. My comment is merely intended to find out whether there is any moderation on this forum or not. I am not discussing any action taken by any moderator.

I reported that post, because I thought it was offensive to the other poster. Now regardless of what action you take on it, if I discuss that action here, *that* is when it will be a violation of rule # 13.

Meauxna, you have been way too helpful to me in the past, and I have known you as a poster for a long time. I think you are a terrific person and I certainly don't intend to offend you. I was upset with the outrageous post, not you, but I don't want our discussion to take the wrong direction. So I will stop here.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:24 am

I read that too. My comment is merely intended to find out whether there is any moderation on this forum or not. I am not discussing any action taken by any moderator.

I reported that post, because I thought it was offensive to the other poster. Now regardless of what action you take on it, if I discuss that action here, *that* is when it will be a violation of rule # 13.

Meauxna, you have been way too helpful to me in the past, and I have known you as a poster for a long time. I think you are a terrific person and I certainly don't intend to offend you. I was upset with the outrageous post, not you, but I don't want our discussion to take the wrong direction. So I will stop here.
Oh that's OK, wild, I don't take it personally. But just as you'd rather I didn't discuss your business in public, I do the same for other posters.

You are certainly welcome to bring your concerns to the Site discussion forum or directly to the Admins, or to any of us (including the offending poster) via private message.

The What Is Usenet link might be helpful too.

No offense taken or intended!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

via private message.
Alright, so that is the way to do it. Thanks.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:37 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do the moderators take any action, if the post is deemed to be offensive?
I can tell you from *very recent* personal experience, that the BE moderators do take action.

To that end, I would like to offer a personal apology to any who were offended by my choice of language. While I believe that recent media events have made some people more sensitive to the issue, that does not excuse my inappropriate choice of words.

Ian
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:40 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell you from *very recent* personal experience, that the BE moderators do take action.

To that end, I would like to offer a personal apology to any who were offended by my choice of language. While I believe that recent media events have made some people more sensitive to the issue, that does not excuse my inappropriate choice of words.

Ian
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

monique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud of

I would like to offer a personal apology to any who were offended by my choice of language. Ian
Nicely done.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:39 pm
Retire to Italy

Just a short note herein to thank all who supported me after the
vicious verbal assault herein.

After deep thought I gladly accept the apology kindly offered and hope
we all can move forward in a spirit of helping others as best we can.

Let us make this a community we can be proud of and also a safe one
for our children to read.

Arriverderci for now ...

Julia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.