MSC waiting times

Old Dec 8th 2003, 3:52 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MSC waiting times

First of all folks, MSC = Missouri Service Center (also NBC "National Benefits Center"), not Chicago.

Second, going through https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...jsp?textFlag=N it says that K3s are processing on Sept 19~~!!

I'm NOA1 Sept 22, so you can imagine my excitement!
Someone's probably TOUCHED our application!
Someone else's DNA's on it!
The dust has been disturbed!
Wooooooooo!!!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

NOW, I see what you guys are so excited about. I had to clear the cache on my machine before the new report would come up. I have to agree this is awesome, September 19! Woo, hoooo! Party down, K-3ers!!!!!

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
First of all folks, MSC = Missouri Service Center (also NBC "National Benefits Center"), not Chicago.

Second, going through https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...jsp?textFlag=N it says that K3s are processing on Sept 19~~!!

I'm NOA1 Sept 22, so you can imagine my excitement!
Someone's probably TOUCHED our application!
Someone else's DNA's on it!
The dust has been disturbed!
Wooooooooo!!!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

JanFree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
NOW, I see what you guys are so excited about. I had to clear the cache on my machine before the new report would come up. I have to agree this is awesome, September 19! Woo, hoooo! Party down, K-3ers!!!!!
I am confused big time....ok..our I-129f was sent to Chicago. MSC followed by ten numbers is on the NOA...what list do I view the processing time for Chicago?
Jane
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JanFree
I am confused big time....ok..our I-129f was sent to Chicago. MSC followed by ten numbers is on the NOA...what list do I view the processing time for Chicago?
Jane
Hi:

Submissions for MSC/NBC are made to a "lockbox" in Chicago. Chicago is not the place processing the I-129F. There is a Chicago district office -- which is different from MSC/NBC.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

We are on day 96 for our I-129f for the K3. I called the number on the 1st NOA for the status of our case. The woman on the line asked where we filed....Chicago....then told me they are processing June 15th.

I feel totally shattered. Our 1st NOA is 9/3/03 and since those above and below us on the timeline have received their 2nd NOA I have thought for sure we would be hearing something any day now....we have heard nothing.

I remember a couple months ago when they showed that the processing times were between 14-21days which was wrong, I hope this is but I am doubtful.

God this is so horrible and the emotional strain is unreal. I'm ready to move to England if something doesn't change but then all this will be for nothing....not to mention my husband (the rational one) is packed and ready to go.

I hope someone here has some positive news soon. Even if it isn't us, at least it lifts my spirits to see progress.

Sorry to go on, I am having the experience now that I have watched many of you go through...it is gutt wrenching.

Thank you for listening......
Jane
All K3 Apps are sent to Chicago, then forwarded onto the Missouri Service Center (MSC) now knows as the National Benefits Center (NBC).

Based on what I've seen from the timelines, they are now working on late September. They have progressed a lot in the last 3 weeks or so. Lots of approvals have come through.

Our NOA1 date is 8/4 and we don't have an approval yet. But, that's because we got an RFE. We sent in the docs that they asked for and are still waiting for a response.

If you haven't heard anything, you may have gotten an RFE like we did. If so, I'm sure you'll be getting it in the mail pretty soon.

THe wait dates they list on the notices and on the site mean nothing. Whether it says 14 or 90 days, It doesn't matter. What matters is what dates they are working on.

A good way to see this is to go to the timeline sites.

http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php

or

http://www.k1k3.com

Check them out. and if you haven't entered your dates, you should. It's a great way to see what is really happening.

I hope this helps, and if you think you're frustrated and starting to freak out. Our NOA1 is a month before yours and we are still waiting. I saw someone get approved today with an NOA1 of 9/19. That's about 7 weeks after ours.

Michael
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Submissions for MSC/NBC are made to a "lockbox" in Chicago. Chicago is not the place processing the I-129F. There is a Chicago district office -- which is different from MSC/NBC.
Hi Mr. Folinskyinla,

Thank you for this information. I am in Calif. so was under the impression that due to my place of residence and sending the I-129f to Chicago, this is where the case began processing then was sent to NBC to be sent on to London.

All this time and I didn't know the facts at all. This helps clarify where we are.

Many thanks,
Jane
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jane
I'm not seeing this at all. I tried clearing my cache and forcing a refresh on the page. I still see only the 11/20 report.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by glasgowm
All K3 Apps are sent to Chicago, then forwarded onto the Missouri Service Center (MSC) now knows as the National Benefits Center (NBC).

Based on what I've seen from the timelines, they are now working on late September. They have progressed a lot in the last 3 weeks or so. Lots of approvals have come through.

Our NOA1 date is 8/4 and we don't have an approval yet. But, that's because we got an RFE. We sent in the docs that they asked for and are still waiting for a response.

If you haven't heard anything, you may have gotten an RFE like we did. If so, I'm sure you'll be getting it in the mail pretty soon.

THe wait dates they list on the notices and on the site mean nothing. Whether it says 14 or 90 days, It doesn't matter. What matters is what dates they are working on.

A good way to see this is to go to the timeline sites.

http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php

or

http://www.k1k3.com

Check them out. and if you haven't entered your dates, you should. It's a great way to see what is really happening.

I hope this helps, and if you think you're frustrated and starting to freak out. Our NOA1 is a month before yours and we are still waiting. I saw someone get approved today with an NOA1 of 9/19. That's about 7 weeks after ours.

Michael
Michael,

Thanks for the info. We are listed on the timelines, that's one of the reasons I felt the panic today seeing people getting approved and we've not had any news. No REF either.

Seeing your waiting time I feel very self centered for being so impatient. Me the one who was going on about learning patience through this process....yeah right. I do wish you guys all the best...and like I said I am encouraged when I see others being approved but today has been a real down one for me.

I feel much better now, thank you so much for your response and my thoughts are with you for a speedy approval.

Jane
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Michael,

Thanks for the info. We are listed on the timelines, that's one of the reasons I felt the panic today seeing people getting approved and we've not had any news. No REF either.

Seeing your waiting time I feel very self centered for being so impatient. Me the one who was going on about learning patience through this process....yeah right. I do wish you guys all the best...and like I said I am encouraged when I see others being approved but today has been a real down one for me.

I feel much better now, thank you so much for your response and my thoughts are with you for a speedy approval.

Jane
Believe me, I know how you feel. Last week I had several really bad days. At one point, I figured that it was never actually going to be approved and that they would never let my wife into this country.

I'm visiting my wife in two weeks, and I was hoping to have the approval by then. It would be a nice suprise for her, but now I don't think that will happen. My patience is gone. I'm like a marthon runner who is just trying to get through those last few miles. Just moving along, tyring not to think about it because it's too painful.

Last night I had a dream about the whole thing. I was walking through the NBC. There were files everywhere and many nice people working away. I looked over and saw our file sitting on an empty desk. I picked it up and showed someone that it was there and that it had all the papers that were needed. They thanked me and said that if I hadn't shown them the file, it might never have been processed.

It makes me want to fly to Missouri to find our file.

Michael
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by glasgowm
Believe me, I know how you feel. Last week I had several really bad days. At one point, I figured that it was never actually going to be approved and that they would never let my wife into this country.

I'm visiting my wife in two weeks, and I was hoping to have the approval by then. It would be a nice suprise for her, but now I don't think that will happen. My patience is gone. I'm like a marthon runner who is just trying to get through those last few miles. Just moving along, tyring not to think about it because it's too painful.

Last night I had a dream about the whole thing. I was walking through the NBC. There were files everywhere and many nice people working away. I looked over and saw our file sitting on an empty desk. I picked it up and showed someone that it was there and that it had all the papers that were needed. They thanked me and said that if I hadn't shown them the file, it might never have been processed.

It makes me want to fly to Missouri to find our file.

Michael
So, we all go absolutely bonkers...nightmares become common...ulcers or stomach problems no sweat....migrains ..piece of cake!!
I am wondering how people pick up and have a normal life after this? I bet that is the reward!

All I know is that all of us, whether on this side or our spouse's, have an inner strength that I for one never knew I had.

Have a great time in Panama...it's a lovely place and I know you and your wife are counting the days!

Thanks again....Jane
Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point

So, we all go absolutely bonkers...nightmares become common...ulcers or stomach problems no sweat....migrains ..piece of cake!!
I am wondering how people pick up and have a normal life after this? I bet that is the reward!

All I know is that all of us, whether on this side or our spouse's, have an inner strength that I for one never knew I had.

Have a great time in Panama...it's a lovely place and I know you and your wife are counting the days!

Thanks again....Jane
------------------------------------------
Hi All,

1st, our time line is 1st NOA for K3 - 10/24/03. Still waiting for the 2nd.

Usually the time frame they list on your I-797C is useless. But if it is totally out of control, then it becomes useful. For example, K3 usually doens't take 180 days, and that's why they put down 180 days on the receipt so that they don't get a call from your congressman/woman all day long. However, if unfortunately it does go over 180 days, then you have the right to ask your congressman/woman to demand USCIS to jump on it.

In theory you can call your congressman/woman on day 1. However, that's just a waste of everyone's time. USCIS won't budge in that case.

I could be wrong, but I believe the processing in MSC is done by batch. People who enter the same batch early would still get the approval at the same time as those who enter at the last minute.

A well known attorney called Carl Shusterman actually posted a case he did for a client using writ of mandamus (a court order to demand the gov to perform a duty they have failed to do). Hopefully none of us have to go to that extreme. Now don't waste your breath shooting e-mails all over this board hoping Shusterman would answer your question. His fee is over $300? for 1/2 hr. Don't know why he even posted a reply. Publicity for more biz I guess.

If your spouse doesn't have a visitor visa in hand, there is not much you can do but waiting for K3. To apply for a visitor visa now while he/she is waiting on K3 is a fraud. However, if he/she already has a visitor visa in hand or is from a country that doesn't need a visa to enter the U.S. as a visitor, why not give it a try to come in for a visit? A UK lady posted her sucess story on this board. She was interviewed by 3 - 4 immigration men/women before let in. I must say the chance to come in for a visit while your K3 is pending is slim or K3 becomes pointless. However, if you are already losing sleep or cannot carry on, what do you have to lose for trying other than a plane ticket? If you are indeed let in, as long as you DO leave the country after a visit, then USCIS has no case on you because the visit is indeed a visit, not a disguise to permanently stay.

My 2 cents...
Alex
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by alex_lg
------------------------------------------
Hi All,

1st, our time line is 1st NOA for K3 - 10/24/03. Still waiting for the 2nd.

Usually the time frame they list on your I-797C is useless. But if it is totally out of control, then it becomes useful. For example, K3 usually doens't take 180 days, and that's why they put down 180 days on the receipt so that they don't get a call from your congressman/woman all day long. However, if unfortunately it does go over 180 days, then you have the right to ask your congressman/woman to demand USCIS to jump on it.

In theory you can call your congressman/woman on day 1. However, that's just a waste of everyone's time. USCIS won't budge in that case.

I could be wrong, but I believe the processing in MSC is done by batch. People who enter the same batch early would still get the approval at the same time as those who enter at the last minute.

A well known attorney called Carl Shusterman actually posted a case he did for a client using writ of mandamus (a court order to demand the gov to perform a duty they have failed to do). Hopefully none of us have to go to that extreme. Now don't waste your breath shooting e-mails all over this board hoping Shusterman would answer your question. His fee is over $300? for 1/2 hr. Don't know why he even posted a reply. Publicity for more biz I guess.

If your spouse doesn't have a visitor visa in hand, there is not much you can do but waiting for K3. To apply for a visitor visa now while he/she is waiting on K3 is a fraud. However, if he/she already has a visitor visa in hand or is from a country that doesn't need a visa to enter the U.S. as a visitor, why not give it a try to come in for a visit? A UK lady posted her sucess story on this board. She was interviewed by 3 - 4 immigration men/women before let in. I must say the chance to come in for a visit while your K3 is pending is slim or K3 becomes pointless. However, if you are already losing sleep or cannot carry on, what do you have to lose for trying other than a plane ticket? If you are indeed let in, as long as you DO leave the country after a visit, then USCIS has no case on you because the visit is indeed a visit, not a disguise to permanently stay.

My 2 cents...
Alex
Hi Alex,
Thank you for the good advice and information. I was in touch with my Congressman's office and they did assign us to a "case worker" and advised me to contact them again after the 90 days however I don't want to push if there's no point....at least not at this stage.
I will most likely go to England at Christmas if I can get a seat as we don't want to do anything to risk my husband's K3.
Thanks again......Jane