Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

MSC I-129f Timeline Update

Wikiposts

MSC I-129f Timeline Update

Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:55 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default NBC I-129f Timeline Update

For those of you who are time-line addicts, I have an update on my I-129f at the NBC:

NOA #1 10/06/2003 (Notice Date)
Approved 12/22/2003
NOA #2 still waiting
NVC -> Cons 01/08/2004

Approval information provided by the NVC - CIS-NCSC says the petition is still being processed and they won't make any inquiries until it's been 30 days from the approval date that they claim does not exist.

Somehow the new DHS does not make feel more secure...

Regards, JEff
Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:39 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: NBC I-129f Timeline Update

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
For those of you who are time-line addicts, I have an update on my I-129f at the NBC:

Approved 12/22/2003
NOA #2 still waiting
NVC -> Cons 01/08/2004

Approval information provided by the NVC - CIS-NCSC says the petition is still being processed and they won't make any inquiries until it's been 30 days from the approval date that they claim does not exist.

Regards, JEff
Let me try to understand this. NVC says your petition was approved and they have it, but NCSC says MSC is still working on it?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:44 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Approved 12/22/2003
NOA #2 still waiting
NVC -> Cons 01/08/2004

Regards, JEff

Hey there Jeff

So you havent got your NOA2 in the mail yet?, your file should be on its way to the embassy soon right??
Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:48 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Heb,

Yes.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Let me try to understand this. NVC says your petition was approved and they have it, but NCSC says MSC is still working on it?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:56 am

tweeky,

Correct, I haven't got the NOA #2 in the mail yet. And the web site and the NCSC, who don't know anything more than what the web site shows, says that the petition is still in processing.

But the NVC says that they sent the approved petition on to the consulate a week ago. Since they have the correct USCIS Receipt Number and the beneficiary information, I believe them.

I also believe that, as the NSCS phone rep told me, the NSCS doesn't know anything about it - "you'll have to ask the NVC". Really, she said this!

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey there Jeff

So you havent got your NOA2 in the mail yet?, your file should be on its way to the embassy soon right??
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:01 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

tweeky,

Correct, I haven't got the NOA #2 in the mail yet. And the web site and the NCSC, who don't know anything more than what the web site shows, says that the petition is still in processing.

But the NVC says that they sent the approved petition on to the consulate a week ago. Since they have the correct USCIS Receipt Number and the beneficiary information, I believe them.

I also believe that, as the NSCS phone rep told me, the NSCS doesn't know anything about it - "you'll have to ask the NVC". Really, she said this!

Regards, JEff
So what gives??
If I were you I would call the embassy to see if they have your case, This is a very UNUSUAL situation, sorry this is happening to you, Keep us updated please.
What consulate are you going thru?, sorry to be nosy.. I just wanna help!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:28 am

tweeky,

Perhaps I will contact the consulate in another week or two if my wife hasn't heard from them by then. Right now I have confidence in the DoS - it's the USCIS that doesn' t know its a$$ from its elbow.

What's really interesting is that this exact same scenario played out with the NSC back in October. The CIS Status Online still shows my prior I-129f for fiancee as in processing (since March something). But in October I received a notice from the NVC that they had received the approved petition and would forward it to the consulate.

Shortly thereafter I received a letter from the NSC (in response to my letter requesting withdrawal) stating that they had already approved the petition. And that if I wanted a copy of the Notice of Approval I would have to file an I-824 ($140 fee) to get it. I think not, thank you.

Regards, JEff

So what gives??
If I were you I would call the embassy to see if they have your case, This is a very UNUSUAL situation, sorry this is happening to you, Keep us updated please.
What consulate are you going thru?, sorry to be nosy.. I just wanna help!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:34 am

tweeky,

Perhaps I will contact the consulate in another week or two if my wife hasn't heard from them by then. Right now I have confidence in the DoS - it's the USCIS that doesn' t know its a$$ from its elbow.

What's really interesting is that this exact same scenario played out with the NSC back in October. The CIS Status Online still shows my prior I-129f for fiancee as in processing (since March something). But in October I received a notice from the NVC that they had received the approved petition and would forward it to the consulate.

Shortly thereafter I received a letter from the NSC (in response to my letter requesting withdrawal) stating that they had already approved the petition. And that if I wanted a copy of the Notice of Approval I would have to file an I-824 ($140 fee) to get it. I think not, thank you.

Regards, JEff

Oh boy.. That is crazy.. The more I try to understand the USCIS .. the less I understand 140 $ for a copy of the notice?:scared:
Let me know what gives
Where is your wife from?, I dont think You have ever mentioned it, have you?
:
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:43 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Hey there Jeff

JEff,

Congratulations then!! It's weird that both the online status hasn't changed and you haven't received a paper NOA2. But I'd put much more confidence in the NVC, too. Why don't you contact the consulate now and ask if they received your wife's case?