MSC *EAD* Roll Call

Old May 2nd 2003, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

pitani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by xiomi
Did you notice someone's EAD got approved yesterday in less than 40 days??

Pitani should be hearing something soon as well.

Xiomi...........

WHAT!!! Oh My, I certainly hope so, thanks for the info.
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

I did notice that, but his 1st NOA date was the same as mine, and he was approved on April 18. I haven't heard a peep yet. Fingers are tightly crossed, though. I wonder if his was faster because it was a different category? (ie: V1 as opposed to K3)
Old May 5th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

pitani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lucymoody
I did notice that, but his 1st NOA date was the same as mine, and he was approved on April 18. I haven't heard a peep yet. Fingers are tightly crossed, though. I wonder if his was faster because it was a different category? (ie: V1 as opposed to K3)

Hmmm, you may have a point there(different category). We are right at the 45 day mark. I hope we hear something soon, my hubby is going nuts!!
Old May 5th 2003, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

I know! I'm driving my husband crazy. I'll be very happy to hear when you husband gets his EAD, because it'll mean I'm not too far behind (as well as being happy for both of you, of course).
Old May 5th 2003, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband is going crazy as well !!! And on top of that... the bills keep piling up!

~Claudia
Old May 5th 2003, 8:25 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by claudia13839
My husband is going crazy as well !!! And on top of that... the bills keep piling up!

~Claudia
Anticipating bills piling up............, like adding him to my health insurance.......... . I would dearly love to have my husband apply for the EAD to Chicago when he's here for a week in June to activate his K3 and celebrate our anniversary. Then it's back to the UK for hopefully no more than 6 weeks. But am afraid IF he applies AND he's not here to do the fingerprint appointment right away then there'll be a problem.
Old May 5th 2003, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by cindyabs
Anticipating bills piling up............, like adding him to my health insurance.......... . I would dearly love to have my husband apply for the EAD to Chicago when he's here for a week in June to activate his K3 and celebrate our anniversary. Then it's back to the UK for hopefully no more than 6 weeks. But am afraid IF he applies AND he's not here to do the fingerprint appointment right away then there'll be a problem.

Cindy...

I definetely think he should wait and have his fingerprints taken before he goes to the UK !!!! WHY....

1. Well on the 1st NOA you receive from MSC when you apply for the EAD, it clearly states that the EAD approvals take from 60-90 for approval AFTER you have the biometrics done.

2. You will get the 1st NOA from MSC in about 7-10 days after sending in the application. As a result, your husband might be able to get an appointment for the biometrics for the next day (like my husband did) !! We received the 1st NOA on a Friday and had the fingerprints taken on Saturday.

I would definetly WAIT for the fingerprints to be taken, just to be on the safe side!

~Claudia
Old May 6th 2003, 4:28 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by claudia13839
Cindy...

I definetely think he should wait and have his fingerprints taken before he goes to the UK !!!! WHY....

1. Well on the 1st NOA you receive from MSC when you apply for the EAD, it clearly states that the EAD approvals take from 60-90 for approval AFTER you have the biometrics done.

2. You will get the 1st NOA from MSC in about 7-10 days after sending in the application. As a result, your husband might be able to get an appointment for the biometrics for the next day (like my husband did) !! We received the 1st NOA on a Friday and had the fingerprints taken on Saturday.

I would definetly WAIT for the fingerprints to be taken, just to be on the safe side!

Thanks Claudia, sadly he'll only be here with me for 6 1/2 days before he has to go back..........so it's not an option to wait. I just wish I knew WHERE he has to go to get the biometrics done-I'm in Georgia. Then we would plan accordingly.
Old May 6th 2003, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi Cindy,
I think you can check via the immigration.gov website - they list all of the ASCs which is where fingerprints can be taken. Or, oyu could probabl call the 1-800 number and ask where the nearest ASC to you is.....
Old May 6th 2003, 11:21 am
Sursum corda

Hi Cindy,
I think you can check via the immigration.gov website - they list all of the ASCs which is where fingerprints can be taken. Or, oyu could probabl call the 1-800 number and ask where the nearest ASC to you is.....
Thanks Lucy! I was under the impression that it was some mystical location that I had to wait until we got the NOA back on the EAD and then perform the secret handshake and.....well you get my drift. The nearest ASC to me is actually Charleston, South Carolina rather than Atlanta. I wonder if they'd let us go there. It's half the distnace. We'll have to see. Anyway, thanks again.
Old May 6th 2003, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

They will let you go anywhere you want to. My official US address is with my parets-in-law in California. However, I am still spending the majority of my time in Montreal until I move in a couple of weeks. When I phoned to make my appointment, I explained the BCIS person asked me for my zip code (in order to find the closest office). I explained that although my zip code was in California, I preferred to have my appointment in Vermont as it was closer to where I was. It was no problem.....
Old May 6th 2003, 3:18 pm
Sursum corda

They will let you go anywhere you want to. My official US address is with my parets-in-law in California. However, I am still spending the majority of my time in Montreal until I move in a couple of weeks. When I phoned to make my appointment, I explained the BCIS person asked me for my zip code (in order to find the closest office). I explained that although my zip code was in California, I preferred to have my appointment in Vermont as it was closer to where I was. It was no problem.....
Cool beans!!! Say hello to VT for me, born and bred northern New Englander, went to UVM, my grandmother was from Quebec, near Sherbrooke,
THANKS Lucy!
Old May 17th 2003, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

xiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quick update........

We filed I-485 for AOS last week in person here in Houston. The wait was about two hours, the clerks were okay.
They gave us a small receipt...... nothing special. She looked over the papers and said everything was fine. Didn't say anything about medical exam. We gave her a copy of the one we had from the first exam for k3 interview. Don't hesitate to file......... feels good to get it out of the way. $305 total!!!

Also, did you guys know our k3 spouses CAN leave the USA and return with the K3 visa stamp?? No need for a Advance Parole!! We're thinking about going to Puerto Vallarta for our one year in August!!!! If anyone knows anything about traveling abroad with only your k3 visa stamp......don't hesitate to share!!
Thanks, I hope everyone is doing well.

Where are our EADs?????????

Xiomi
Old May 17th 2003, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: quick update........

Originally posted by xiomi
We filed I-485 for AOS last week in person here in Houston. The wait was about two hours, the clerks were okay.
They gave us a small receipt...... nothing special. She looked over the papers and said everything was fine. Didn't say anything about medical exam. We gave her a copy of the one we had from the first exam for k3 interview. Don't hesitate to file......... feels good to get it out of the way. $305 total!!!

Also, did you guys know our k3 spouses CAN leave the USA and return with the K3 visa stamp?? No need for a Advance Parole!! We're thinking about going to Puerto Vallarta for our one year in August!!!! If anyone knows anything about traveling abroad with only your k3 visa stamp......don't hesitate to share!!
Thanks, I hope everyone is doing well.

Where are our EADs?????????

Xiomi

WOW!! It's funny because we have not applied dor adjustment of status yet because we don't have the darn $305.00 !!!! Maybe if my man got his EAD sometime soon, then we would be able to dish out the money. Make sense to me.

BTW, I haven't looked into the AOS papers too much. How did you guys deal with the medical form included in the packet? What is the deal with that? Any help is very much appreciated.

~Claudia
Old May 18th 2003, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

xiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: quick update........

Originally posted by claudia13839
WOW!! It's funny because we have not applied dor adjustment of status yet because we don't have the darn $305.00 !!!! Maybe if my man got his EAD sometime soon, then we would be able to dish out the money. Make sense to me.

BTW, I haven't looked into the AOS papers too much. How did you guys deal with the medical form included in the packet? What is the deal with that? Any help is very much appreciated.

~Claudia
Oscar's medical doctor was kind enough to give him a copy of the vacc. supplement. He said to hang on to it, so I submitted a copy of it with the packet and BCIS accepted it!!! Good luck Claudia......

Xiomi&Oscar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.