MSC *EAD* Roll Call

Old Apr 19th 2003, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

xiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default got 1st NOA for EAD too!!!

Hi everyone -

We got our first NOA from Chicago for the EAD. Our fingerprint appt. is next week. Good luck!

Xiomi
Old Apr 19th 2003, 2:01 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by claudia13839
Just to keep everyone updated...

My husband and I just got back from the BCIS ASC (Application Support Center), he got his picture and print taken. We were in and out in just about half an hour !!!

The I-797 we received from MSC for the EAD application was stamped on the back with today's date.

I guess all that is left to do is wait for the darn card! How long have others waited after fingerprinting? Good luck everyone.

~Claudia
Congrats Claudia.
Old Apr 19th 2003, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

The attorney with whom I've been speaking sent me exactly what you posted above, lairdslide. I take it to mean that you must have approval of I-130 before applying for AOS.
He did point out that you can refile your I-130 at your local BCIS with a concurrent I-485.
This is all a moot point for me now, though. I had been hoping to somehow finagle my way into filing in Boston, but it looks like I have to file in Providence (it apparently is notoriously slow for EAD).
Old Apr 19th 2003, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point

If you've already filed a I-130 and are waiting for the approval of that, what happens when you file it again with the AOS??

Does the new one now override the first one and you have to wait the full time again???

So confused...
Old Apr 19th 2003, 6:05 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

I tried filing a new I-130 concurrently with I-485 for my daughter at the local office back in December. She isn't on a K-4 visa though and I thought that this was probably the problem - although it seems that perhaps it didn't make a difference.
The local office said that as she has an I-130 currently filed at the CSC that they couldn't accept another unless the one there was withdrawn and I had a letter from the CSC showing the withdrawal due to the rules on duplicative filing.
I either had to get this or an approval on the pending I-130 before I could file I-485 with them.

Last edited by lairdside; Apr 19th 2003 at 6:08 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2003, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh ok...so in that case looking at the latest information available, it would seem that I can't apply for AOS until the I-130 is approved. Correct?

What about just EAD so that I can get the SSN for my wife and other things??
Old Apr 19th 2003, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

dailyn is an unknown quantity at this point

We got my husband's 1st NOA yesterday and he called right away to get his biometrics appointment. He called and they gave it to him for 9am this morning. So, we got there at 8:15am to beat the crowds. What crowds? We were there for a maximum of 15 minutes and we were out!!!! He got a stamp on his NOA saying he had had them done, and that's it!!!!

I'm so glad it was so painless. I had taken a bunch of books and notebooks because I'm in the middle of finals for this semester. I really was expecting it to take the whole day!!!

I'm looking forward to us having normal lives and Martin being able to work. Most of all I'm looking forward to moving out to our own place (once we have enough money.) We live with my parents because I only work part-time. I'm just so excited that it's all so close now!!!!

Claudia- That's great that your husband's appointment was painless too!!!

Xiomi- I'm happy that you got your 1st NOA! We're on the right track!

Dailyn
Old Apr 19th 2003, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Cypher
Ahh ok...so in that case looking at the latest information available, it would seem that I can't apply for AOS until the I-130 is approved. Correct?

Cypher:

You can file the I-765 for the EAD on a K3 Visa, that is what Dailyn, Xiomi and I are doing for our husbands! Just mail the application to the Chicago address indicated.

~Claudia
Old Apr 19th 2003, 7:48 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Cypher

Gawd knows, the regulations *appear* to be ambiguous. In practise it seems that most of us are having to wait until the I-130 is approved. Whether or not this is due to a hard and fast rule or a common interpretation of the rules by the BCIS I do not know.

Last edited by lairdside; Apr 19th 2003 at 7:51 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2003, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

pitani is an unknown quantity at this point

Cypher:

You can file the I-765 for the EAD on a K3 Visa, that is what Dailyn, Xiomi and I are doing for our husbands! Just mail the application to the Chicago address indicated.

~Claudia
My husband also applied for the EAD at the Chicago office. Timelines are below
Old Apr 21st 2003, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

xiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics on Saturdays??

Were some of you able to do the bios on Saturday?

I didn't know they were open on the weekends......
I can't take much time off work right now so this totally help...

Let me know, thanks!

Xiomi
Old Apr 21st 2003, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Xiomi,
In Providence, for example, the ASC (Applicant Support Office) is open on Saturday. I think it all depends on which office you are going to.
For me (and for others, as far as I can tell) the process was surprisingly painless - took about 20 minutes. So hopefully, it won't be a huge time sink. Also, your husband could go without you. It's not like for an AOS interview where they need to see the spouse.
Old Apr 21st 2003, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Cypher:

~Claudia
Claudia:

That's good to know thank you, and it seems like the wait for EAD approval out of Chicago is around the 60-90 day period.

Everything here is a waiting game ain't it?
Old Apr 21st 2003, 4:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

So am I correct in assuming that once you mail off the EAD and get the first NOA on that THEN you call the indicated office to book your fingerprint appt?
Old Apr 21st 2003, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, you get your 1st NOA, which will instruct you to call the 1-800 number and book a Biometrics appointment. You can do it at any ASC office you wish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.