Moving to the US

Old Jan 10th 2020, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Gixxerboy_999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the US

Hi,

I'm a UK citizen and my wife is a US citizen we've been in the UK since our wedding over 2 years ago and are looking to move back to the US and want to start the process over the next couple months.
Just looking for confirmation I think we need to complete the I-130 and I-130A forms and we have my in laws kindly willing to co sponsor us. I've seen in places that we can do this process through the London Embassy? Anyone with experience of how we do that?
I can't see anything on the USCIS website or I could just be missing it.

Thank you.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 8:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the US

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I...led_In_London_

You might need to hurry up though - DCF London

HTH and welcome to BE.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that and good to know about the likely closure too!

So we post hard copies to the US embassy in London? Sorry for the obvious questions I just want to be 100% sure and still a little scarred from when my wife emigrated here :-)
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy_999
Hi,

I'm a UK citizen and my wife is a US citizen we've been in the UK since our wedding over 2 years ago and are looking to move back to the US and want to start the process over the next couple months.
Just looking for confirmation I think we need to complete the I-130 and I-130A forms and we have my in laws kindly willing to co sponsor us. I've seen in places that we can do this process through the London Embassy? Anyone with experience of how we do that?
I can't see anything on the USCIS website or I could just be missing it.

Thank you.
Our situation is almost exactly like yours. My US Spouse and I married just over 2 years ago and we are now seeking to move to USA. After the dreadful experiences we had getting the UK Visa we too want to ensure we are doing this correctly. We have already begun to complete the i-130/a and Co Sponsor paper. We hope we can get all necessary papers completed and lodged ASAP.

I will watch your thread with great interest.

Good luck
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Our situation is almost exactly like yours. My US Spouse and I married just over 2 years ago and we are now seeking to move to USA. After the dreadful experiences we had getting the UK Visa we too want to ensure we are doing this correctly. We have already begun to complete the i-130/a and Co Sponsor paper. We hope we can get all necessary papers completed and lodged ASAP.

I will watch your thread with great interest.

Good luck
That is spookily similar!
Did you file yours online? Whereabouts are you hoping to move to?
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that and good to know about the likely closure too!

So we post hard copies to the US embassy in London? Sorry for the obvious questions I just want to be 100% sure and still a little scarred from when my wife emigrated here :-)
You're missing it because it is not the USCIS who issues visas but the US State Department. Go to the London US Embassy site for how to do the entire process.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

That is spookily similar!
Did you file yours online? Whereabouts are you hoping to move to?
Right now the forms have been pulled down in PDF from US Embassy website and we are working our way through them to complete. They have been saved awaiting guidance on your question ie are the forms sent hardcopy?

My wifes family is in Monmouth County New Jersey. Where you headed?
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Right now the forms have been pulled down in PDF from US Embassy website and we are working our way through them to complete. They have been saved awaiting guidance on your question ie are the forms sent hardcopy?

My wifes family is in Monmouth County New Jersey. Where you headed?
My wife is from Fort Worth and all her family are there still that's where we're headed.

I wonder if it can just go straight to the Embassy: Embassy of the United States of America, 33 Nine Elms Lane, London, SW11 7US.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

I've found the address:

Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Embassy of the United State of America
33 Nine Elms Lane
London, SW11 7US
United Kingdom
Old Jan 10th 2020, 3:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is from Fort Worth and all her family are there still that's where we're headed.

I wonder if it can just go straight to the Embassy: Embassy of the United States of America, 33 Nine Elms Lane, London, SW11 7US.
Why? To deliver the application? To ask questions? You can't as you are not a US Citizen but your wife can go to ask questions. As for delivering the petition, no it cannot be done by hand.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 3:08 pm
Concierge

From the official US London Embassy website:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-...n-field-office

Filing and Other Special Instructions:

Residents of the United Kingdom filing with USCIS London must submit the petition and supporting evidence by mail.

Evidence of residency must be submitted with the petition. The evidence you submit must support a determination that you are a resident in the United Kingdom.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Why? To deliver the application? To ask questions? You can't as you are not a US Citizen but your wife can go to ask questions. As for delivering the petition, no it cannot be done by hand.
No where specifically to send the application to, it's not easy but i think i found the address to post the application to the embassy. I was just looking for clarification so as not to waste application time.

Last edited by Gixxerboy_999; Jan 10th 2020 at 3:18 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 3:38 pm
Concierge

No where specifically to send the application to, it's not easy but i think i found the address to post the application to the embassy. I was just looking for clarification so as not to waste application time.

That seems difficult to believe as DCF has been available for over the 21 years I have been dealing with marriage based visas worldwide and through the US Embassy in London.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why folks are finding it so difficult to determine where to send applications. It's clearly on the London Embassy website: https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...30filing-html/

The same page also gives checklists to ensure that the application has everything required - essential reading!
Old Jan 10th 2020, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Worth obtaining UK citizenship for your partner before moving, gives some security and options should circumstances change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.