Moving to Texas

Old Apr 29th 2019, 10:19 am
Just Joined

CCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Texas

I will try emailing them too what email address did you use? or did you use the contact form? we want to move ASAP we are ready to go and would like to have time to organise our kids school before they close for summer.
My husband and kids are all USC’s so it’s me holding everyone back!
Old Apr 29th 2019, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

I used the contact form online and they replied form [email protected]
Old Apr 29th 2019, 11:00 am
Just Joined

CCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks scar!
Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou everyone for your response and contribution! There is a huge weath of knowledge on this forum! Interesting to see how many people are making the move to Texas (Dallas), and in a similar position.

I will be making the first steps with the I-130 in the next few days and I will be sure to keep this thread updated with our progress! No doubt I will have plenty of questions along the way.

Thanks again everyone!
Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CCB1
Wow scar that was FAST!!! My receipt date for i130 was Jan 15th and only got approved 1st of April! Still waiting for LND number!
How did you do it???
Things have got a lot slower over the past year. That is the nature of US visa applications, the wait times ebb and flow, something that takes a few weeks may take several months a year or two later.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

We are moving back to Dallas too!
my biggest tip for the i130 is make sure you fill in ALL the boxes. Write NA or Not Applicable on EVERY single empty box! They will otherwise write back to confirm you meant to leave them blank and delay your process!
You can fill in the form electronically- after I printed it out I manually wrote Not Applicable on ALL the fields I couldn’t fill on the computer.
Please ask if you have any questions filling in the form.
GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2019, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving back to Dallas too!
my biggest tip for the i130 is make sure you fill in ALL the boxes. Write NA or Not Applicable on EVERY single empty box! They will otherwise write back to confirm you meant to leave them blank and delay your process!
You can fill in the form electronically- after I printed it out I manually wrote Not Applicable on ALL the fields I couldn’t fill on the computer.
Please ask if you have any questions filling in the form.
GOOD LUCK!!!!
I'm glad that this worked for you, CCB1. However, that advise is not correct. Each question asked has two answers ... i.e. number of children would be either X or NONE. The question is applicable and writing N/A is not the correct response.

Read each question and answer it accordingly.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm glad that this worked for you, CCB1. However, that advise is not correct. Each question asked has two answers ... i.e. number of children would be either X or NONE. The question is applicable and writing N/A is not the correct response.

Sometimes N/A is correct, and not every question has two answers, so I am not sure what you mean.

Best thing to do is to follow the instructions:
. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks, “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless otherwise directed.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 3:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
…. Best thing to do is to follow the instructions: ....
We'd lose a lot of traffic on BE if everyone did that.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 6:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Sometimes N/A is correct, and not every question has two answers, so I am not sure what you mean.

Best thing to do is to follow the instructions:
. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks, “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless otherwise directed.
Yes, every question has two answers [responses]. The correct answer/response, i.e. "Have you been issued a visa previously?" , is either "Yes" or "No" Putting in N/A is not appropriate. I gave the same example as you quoted from the instructions. If you had read what I was replying to, you would have read that I was referring to his advise that any blanks on the form should be filled with "N/A". This is incorrect. Some questions are applicable and need a response of "None" instead of "N/A".

The poster I was addressing did not perhaps follow instructions as they replied to all blanks with N/A. Without knowing what questions he could not complete, I have no way of knowing if N/A was applicable. But to blatantly tell people on a public forum that they should only write N/A in blanks can lead newbies to having their applications returned.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete

I’m sorry if you felt the post was misleading. I meant (and assumed it was obvious) filling in any boxes that were left empty after filling in the form as per the instructions. Like for example not leaving the ‘A Number’ field empty if you don’t have one, or the Previous Names field empty if you also didn’t have any.
I also filled in all the boxes with NA where it says about the interpreter and preparers details because we didn’t use either. And it clearly says on the London i130 checklist to not leave ANY boxes blank...
Old Apr 29th 2019, 6:49 pm

….. I meant (and assumed it was obvious) filling in any boxes that were left empty after filling in the form as per the instructions. Like for example not leaving the ‘A Number’ field empty if you don’t have one, or the Previous Names field empty if you also didn’t have any.
I also filled in all the boxes with NA where it says about the interpreter and preparers details because we didn’t use either. ….
But in all of your examples, "None" is more descriptive, and therefore I would argue more appropriate, than "N/A".
Old Apr 29th 2019, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
But in all of your examples, "None" is more descriptive, and therefore I would argue more appropriate, than "N/A".
But yet the Checklist instructions say to write NA not None...
Old Apr 30th 2019, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute

I will check the instructions carefully and make sure to have the box filled with a suitable response as mentioned in the messages above. Thanks again.

I have one question. As my wife (UKC) is the petitioner, she will be filling in the boxes. Although we are married in the UK, my wifes passport is still in her maiden name. All uK documents are in our married/my name.

Should she complete the form in her married name (i.e section 4a) and have her maiden name in the other section. Not sure if this could cause issues?

Last edited by Palmer30; Apr 30th 2019 at 7:58 pm.
Old May 1st 2019, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

don't be too worried about the N/A or None. I made this mistake and it only added a few days onto the process. They sent me a letter asking to confirm where blank boxes were should be Not applicable. I signed and returned it. no major issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.