Reload this Page >

Moving during i130/immigrant visa process

Wikiposts

Moving during i130/immigrant visa process

Old Apr 5th 2013, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

HmSmith2812 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving during i130/immigrant visa process

I have filed a petiton for my husband here living in uk but are my daughter and I allowed to moved to states while petition/visa is still processing? Also would this help prove our intent to domicile in usa?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 4:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving during i130/immigrant visa process

Originally Posted by HmSmith2812
I have filed a petiton for my husband here living in uk but are my daughter and I allowed to moved to states while petition/visa is still processing?
I'd wait at least until payment is taken from your bank account for the I-130 fee. That would mean it's been "accepted" and the case will process. Once you know payment has been taken, then yes, you and your daughter (assuming she's a USC) can move to the USA.

Also would this help prove our intent to domicile in usa?
Not only would it help prove it, it would get rid of the matter completely!

Rene
Old Apr 5th 2013, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

HmSmith2812 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! Yes my daughter is a USC. Would I need to notify anyone of us moving to a new address? The new address would be the address that we intended to move to on i130
Old Apr 5th 2013, 4:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HmSmith2812
Thanks! Yes my daughter is a USC. Would I need to notify anyone of us moving to a new address? The new address would be the address that we intended to move to on i130
No, you don't need to notify anyone that you're moving. Make sure your daughter has a US Passport before entering the USA.

Rene