Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Moving back home from NZ!!

Moving back home from NZ!!

Old Sep 1st 2013, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving back home from NZ!!

Originally Posted by NZ4Now
WOW I remember posting a few months ago thinking we have ages to move!!!!

Now it is all systems go! House completes on the 20th Sept and that's the day I also finish work!! then we will fly the next week!

Eeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be sad to leave NZ but excited to return home x

It's a great feeling isn't it! We've got 46 more sleeps in Canada and then we're off.....
Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
When you have kids it always complicates things more but depending on their ages they will be fine.
We decided 3 years ago we wanted to leave NZ, took us 3 more years due to the kids but I finally made it back in December.
We are your age, jobs etc have been fine and I'm loving being home, even though we moved somewhere we had never been before on our return, its great!
Good Luck
So good to hear that Spacecake! We have finally decided what to do and it's a big relief to have made the decision ....we have a daughter aged 15 who is happy to go back to the UK, but wants to finish off year 11 here - so we'll be here one more year, then we're off. I hope she is able to go to sixth form and settle back in reasonably trouble-free. In the meatime, we'll get citizensip, and hopefully save some money (the Tui ad springs to mind...yeah right) to put towards moving. The jobs/mortgage thing is a little bit (!) of a worry though, hubby is 52 so not sure how long they will give us...
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 12:04 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vetnurse1
So good to hear that Spacecake! We have finally decided what to do and it's a big relief to have made the decision ....we have a daughter aged 15 who is happy to go back to the UK, but wants to finish off year 11 here - so we'll be here one more year, then we're off. I hope she is able to go to sixth form and settle back in reasonably trouble-free. In the meatime, we'll get citizensip, and hopefully save some money (the Tui ad springs to mind...yeah right) to put towards moving. The jobs/mortgage thing is a little bit (!) of a worry though, hubby is 52 so not sure how long they will give us...
doesn't it feel great to make "that" decision? Wether it be stay or go... The clouds lift away . I'm now worrying about the journey home! (Hate flying!) I'd worry if I had nothing to worry about.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that whole "making a decision feeling". You don't then spend all your day going over and over it all.

Once we have had the discussions and made the decision; got the wheels in motion that I will be really excited about going back.

In someway as well, I am tempted to not tell anyone, or at least keep the number of people that know to a minimum... then it comes a massive surprise when we are back... taaa daaa!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi we were about the same age, I am just about to start a Teaching Assistant course and my OH had no problem with work, our two sons had no trouble findng work around their Studies so all good.
Thanks for the post.....Where in the uk are you?

Interesting that your kids found work round their studies...that is something some folk have said is unavailable....but they hve been in NZ less than 2 years and I think are still in the honeymoon period of living here....

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

pixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud ofpixiewink has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
When you have kids it always complicates things more but depending on their ages they will be fine.
We decided 3 years ago we wanted to leave NZ, took us 3 more years due to the kids but I finally made it back in December.
We are your age, jobs etc have been fine and I'm loving being home, even though we moved somewhere we had never been before on our return, its great!
Good Luck
Good to hear....thanks all boosts the confidence....
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
doesn't it feel great to make "that" decision? Wether it be stay or go... The clouds lift away . I'm now worrying about the journey home! (Hate flying!) I'd worry if I had nothing to worry about.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

it sure does! we have now figured out what we are going to do. its a huge relief. so in the mean time we will enjoy the last of our time here in NZ.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about flying. I wanted to cruise but ended up flying via LA and NY which was amazing.
I actually blocked out all thoughts of the flight beforehand such is my fear. With a family history of dvt i didn't want to think about it.
When I got on the plane all my fears disappeared and I just thought its going to be fine cause I'm going home.

Good luck
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could stop worrying now the decision has been made!

Still find myself thinking about it from waking to sleeping. Curse of an over thinker with the tendency to procrastinate and worry

Will just keep reading the success stories and empting the house!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Choccie

Still find myself thinking about it from waking to sleeping. Curse of an over thinker with the tendency to procrastinate and worry

Half the battle is making the decision. Once that's made and your all agreed you can think of nothing else. Then after a while it seems so much less hassle just to stay and carry on.
I think the longer you are waiting to return the worse it is. It definitely seemed easier going to NZ than leaving.
Your feelings are normal. Of course there will be things you miss in NZ but once your on that plane it will be fine.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:17 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
it sure does! we have now figured out what we are going to do. its a huge relief. so in the mean time we will enjoy the last of our time here in NZ.
So I take it its flying home for you too Davros? New Zealand are defiantly loosing some great people!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:19 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by Choccie

Every piece of furniture you remove is a step forward in your new life. can't remember who wrote it but it is not moving back, it's taking a step forward. that should be our moto!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

That was me (Luke) who wrote that line... :-)
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:27 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
That was me (Luke) who wrote that line... :-)
Wise words

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.