Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Moscow interview - Police report

Moscow interview - Police report

Old Jun 17th 2002, 11:20 am
Douglas Menkel

Default Moscow interview - Police report

I hope that someone can help my fiancee and I. My fiancee finally realized, after my
repeated telling her so, that she needs a police report from a city she lived in in
Eastern Russia. She lives in Western Russia and can't possibly make the 4000+ mile
trip and get the results in time for our interview in five weeks. Is there anything
that we can do other than a reschedule of the interview? She does have the police
report from the city she now lives in, can't they check the other city also?

Thank you

Old Jun 17th 2002, 11:20 am
Danny Davis

Default Re: Moscow interview - Police report

My fiance had a similar problem. She contacted a friend in the second city and the
friend picked up the police certificate for her. It only took her a couple of days to
get the police report mailed to her. It worked because she is here with me now. If
your fiance know's anyone in her former city I would suggest that she contact them
and have it express mailed to her new address.