Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Moscow Interview and Flight to LA

Wikiposts

Moscow Interview and Flight to LA

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 4:55 am
Mark G. Jackson

My fiancée just received her packet from the Embassy in Moscow for her upcoming K1
interview on 1 October. The packet stresses that we should NOT purchase any plane
tickets until she actually receives the K1 visa.

This makes things tricky. I managed to find a VERY good fare from St. Petersburg to
LAX on Aeroflot (which my fiancée is comfortable flying!), but that service is only
available three days a week and we've already had to move her expected travel date
from 8 October to 10 October. I'm concerned that if we DO actually wait until she's
got her visa, we'll end up either having to wait another month for Aeroflot to be
available or having her take some bizarre routing (she's never flown before, and
Aeroflot has the most direct route).

So, my question for those of you who've been in a similar situation with the
Embassy in Moscow is, did you buy your ticket before your significant other got
his/her K1? I've made the reservation with Aeroflot already, but they can only hold
it for a week, and I'm planning to make the 4-hour drive down from Las Vegas (my
home!) to Aeroflot's ticket office in Beverly Hills to go buy the ticket either
tomorrow or Friday.

Any information or experiences on this are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks! MGJ

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 5:42 am
Sthansard

I have a similar situation regarding my fiancee' and flying. Her experience flying is
limited [from Moscow to Orenburg]: about 3 hours.

I plan to put her on the Delta flight from Moscow and meet her at JFK.

I don't trust Aeroflot because of what I saw of their aircrafts at the Moscow Airport
[old looking, not very well maintained] and their nickname of Aeroflop.

They allow smoking on the flight and that is a long flight to have to tolerate all
that blue air and smoke!

Flights from LAX to JFK could not be very expensive. Have you considered meeting her
at JFK and flying back to CA with her?

Just my .02!

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 8:24 am
Ben Johnson

Mark,

If there is nothing unusual about your fiance's situation.... then count on the visa
being issued and make your arrangments for the 10th.

Ben

--
[email protected]

>
    >
NOT
    >
    >
    >
    >
but
    >
    >
    >
    >
take
    >
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
other
    >
    >
down
    >
go
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 9:41 am
Mrkeys

Aeroflot's International flights are different than their domestic ones. I flew on
Aeroflot in May when I met my fiancee, from JFK to Moscow, and the flights were
great. They are all new Boeing 767's, very comfortable and big. They have a small
smoking section in the last few rows of the plane. I sat near the center and never
smelled any smoke. And they are the least expensive carrier. Great food too. I hate
flying, and I'm petrified when I
do. But I was very happy with Aeroflot's service.

John

>
    >
    >
on
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My fiancée just received her packet from the Embassy in Moscow for her upcoming[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > K1 interview on 1 October. The packet stresses that we should[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > purchase any plane tickets until she actually receives the K1 visa.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > This makes things tricky. I managed to find a VERY good fare from St. Petersburg[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to LAX on Aeroflot (which my fiancée is comfortable flying!),[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > that service is only available three days a week and we've already had[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > move her expected travel date from 8 October to 10 October. I'm[/usenetquote2]
concerned
[usenetquote2]> > that if we DO actually wait until she's got her visa, we'll end up[/usenetquote2]
either
[usenetquote2]> > having to wait another month for Aeroflot to be available or having her[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > some bizarre routing (she's never flown before, and Aeroflot has the[/usenetquote2]
most
[usenetquote2]> > direct route).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > So, my question for those of you who've been in a similar situation with[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Embassy in Moscow is, did you buy your ticket before your significant[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > got his/her K1? I've made the reservation with Aeroflot already, but[/usenetquote2]
they
[usenetquote2]> > can only hold it for a week, and I'm planning to make the 4-hour drive[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > from Las Vegas (my home!) to Aeroflot's ticket office in Beverly Hills[/usenetquote2]
to
    >
[usenetquote2]> > buy the ticket either tomorrow or Friday.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Any information or experiences on this are GREATLY appreciated![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks! MGJ[/usenetquote2]