Wikiposts

Moscow interview

Old Aug 24th 2001, 12:10 pm
Curem

I want to share the benefit of our experience having successfully completed
Moscow interview
1. I have heard many people express nervousness prior to the interview. I suppose the
fear is that some tricky questions will be asked . The only kind of questions my
fiancee was asked was stuff like how did you meet. The only thing that you need to
be nervous about is whether you have all the documents.
2. We did not apply for the Moscow Police Certificate far enough ahead of time and
were therefore delayed about 2 weeks. It took us about 5 weeks from time of
application to receive Moscow Police Certificate. First we tried a $100 bribe then
we offered $200 - both were refused.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am for all the help and support we have received
from this group.

Old Aug 24th 2001, 1:37 pm
Javaranger

$200 bribe refused? Now that's something......

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 24th 2001, 1:41 pm
Javaranger

My girl already has her police certificate from her hometown and will soon get one
for her current residence. What's the word on this "all-encompassing" Moscow police
certificate?

Guess I'll email the consulate.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 24th 2001, 1:52 pm
Michael Voight

There is NO "all-ncmpassing" certificate. The consulate wants a local one.

Great news on the bribe.... It is nice to see that they turned it down.. Too bad it
isn't like that in all of Russia.

Michael

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I want to share the benefit of our experience having successfully completed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Moscow interview[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 1. I have heard many people express nervousness prior to the interview. I suppose[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the fear is that some tricky questions will be asked . The only kind of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > questions my fiancee was asked was stuff like how did you meet. The only thing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that you need to be nervous about is whether you have all the documents.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 2. We did not apply for the Moscow Police Certificate far enough ahead of time[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and were therefore delayed about 2 weeks. It took us about 5 weeks from time[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > of application to receive Moscow Police Certificate. First we tried a $100[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > bribe then we offered $200 - both were refused.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I cannot tell you how grateful I am for all the help and support we have received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > from this group.[/usenetquote2]