Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Moscow embassy interview timeline

Wikiposts

Moscow embassy interview timeline

Old Oct 21st 2001, 3:03 pm
Shuravi

Hi All, I received a Notice of Approval on October 10, where it was said that all
information was CABLED to the US embassy in Moscow. Few days later I called the
embassy and was told, that they have not received anything from INS yet and, even if
information was cabled, it would take about 2-3 weeks for them to receive it and
another 2-3 weeks to do some clearings and schedule an interview. Does anybody know
how long it actually takes from getting a NOA to scheduling an interview? I
understand that everything is a bit different now due to the "high state of alert"
and all that, however this information would still be very helpful for me. Thanks.

Old Oct 21st 2001, 4:29 pm
Javaranger

Hey Shuravi, Here's my abb. timeline using the CSC: Sep 19th - 2nd NOA Oct 1st -
Recieved following email from Moscow: "Thank you for the information. We have
received your cabled notification from INS and sheduled Ms. X's visa interview for
November 15, at 8 am."

There's some strange things going on as far as scheduling goes, as a bunch of people
have missed their interviews due to the closure. Apparently, they'll be re-scheduled
for later dates (Dec?), and those of us who have interviews after the re-opening will
go as planned. It's extremely unfair, in my opinion, to those who happened to have
dates during the closure, but what are you gonna do?

>
    >
called
    >
yet
    >
them
    >
    >
    >
different
    >