Reload this Page >

Moscow consulate questions

Wikiposts

Moscow consulate questions

Old Jul 18th 2002, 9:20 pm
Jerry Neslund

Default Moscow consulate questions

Hey group,

Just got the I-129 approval letter and have a couple of questions.

1. When will Moscow receive the information from Nebraska?

2. How long does it take to get an interview date in Moscow?

3. How long after they receive the papers do they send the packet to my fiance?

Thanks, Jerry

Old Jul 19th 2002, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

ftheone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moscow consulate questions

Jerry,
Our timeline is listed below. The Embassy in Moscow has a new web page where they list the interivews scheduled for the next month or six weeks or so. After getting our second NOA I started looking at that site every day. On about June 11 I notice that Sonya's interview was scheduled for Aug. 7. She had not gotten her packet yet. I emailed the Embassy and they said they had sent the packet June 4. She didn't recieve it in the next few days so I emailed them again. They mailed a second packet on June 19. She still never got it. Then she called them and was told over the phone what was required for the interview. She had went to get her local police certificate and had a little trouble getting the certificate. She had to go back a couple of times and eventually gave the policeman a little "gift" of a bottle of brandy. She then got it.
On July 3 she recieved both packets in the mail!!!!! One had been opened.

Fred (and Sonya)

1st NOA : 1/26/02
RFE: 3/27/02
2nd NOA: 5/2/02
On Interview List: 6/10/02
Packets Recieved: 7/3/02
Interviw Date: 8/8/02
Old Jul 19th 2002, 11:20 am
Robert

Default Re: Moscow consulate questions - question for Fred (and Sonya)

ftheone <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jerry, Our timeline is listed below. The Embassy in Moscow has a new web page where
    > they list the interivews scheduled for the next month or six weeks or so. After
    > getting our second NOA I started looking at that site every day. On about June 11 I
    > notice that Sonya's interview was scheduled for Aug. 7. She had not gotten her
    > packet yet. I emailed the Embassy and they said they had sent the packet June 4.
    > She didn't recieve it in the next few days so I emailed them again. They mailed a
    > second packet on June 19. She still never got it. Then she called them and was told
    > over the phone what was required for the interview. She had went to get her local
    > police certificate and had a little trouble getting the certificate. She had to go
    > back a couple of times and eventually gave the policeman a little "gift" of a
    > bottle of brandy. She then got it. On July 3 she recieved both packets in the
    > mail!!!!! One had been opened.
    >
    > Fred (and Sonya)
    >
    > 1st NOA : 1/26/02 RFE: 3/27/02 2nd NOA: 5/2/02 On Interview List:
    > 6/10/02 Packets Recieved: 7/3/02 Interviw Date: 8/8/02
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Congratulations to both!

Fred, I have a question. As I understood from your reply, there is no Packet 4 from
Moscow, is this correct? Is it true that the fiancee gets just Packet 3 with the
interview date, and medical papers? Our petition was approved on 7/2/02 from CSC.
What would you suggest us to do to expedite the process: both at the embassy and by
me and/or my fiancee.

Thank you, Robert

P.S. I posted a similar question two days ago, too.

Old Jul 21st 2002, 7:20 pm
Robert

Default Re: Moscow consulate questions - question for Fred (and Sonya) - or someone else with Moscow experie

Can someone please answer the question I posted below. Thank you! Robert

####
Fred, I have a question. As I understood from your reply, there is no
    > Packet 4 from Moscow, is this correct? Is it true that the fiancee gets just Packet
    > 3 with the interview date, and medical papers? Our petition was approved on 7/2/02
    > from CSC. What would you suggest us to do to expedite the process: both at the
    > embassy and by me and/or my fiancee.
    >
####

[email protected] (Robert) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > ftheone <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Jerry, Our timeline is listed below. The Embassy in Moscow has a new web page
    > > where they list the interivews scheduled for the next month or six weeks or so.
    > > After getting our second NOA I started looking at that site every day. On about
    > > June 11 I notice that Sonya's interview was scheduled for Aug. 7. She had not
    > > gotten her packet yet. I emailed the Embassy and they said they had sent the
    > > packet June 4. She didn't recieve it in the next few days so I emailed them
    > > again. They mailed a second packet on June 19. She still never got it. Then she
    > > called them and was told over the phone what was required for the interview. She
    > > had went to get her local police certificate and had a little trouble getting the
    > > certificate. She had to go back a couple of times and eventually gave the
    > > policeman a little "gift" of a bottle of brandy. She then got it. On July 3 she
    > > recieved both packets in the mail!!!!! One had been opened.
    > >
    > > Fred (and Sonya)
    > >
    > > 1st NOA : 1/26/02 RFE: 3/27/02 2nd NOA: 5/2/02 On Interview List:
    > > 6/10/02 Packets Recieved: 7/3/02 Interviw Date: 8/8/02
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    >
    > Congratulations to both!
    >
    > Fred, I have a question. As I understood from your reply, there is no Packet 4 from
    > Moscow, is this correct? Is it true that the fiancee gets just Packet 3 with the
    > interview date, and medical papers? Our petition was approved on 7/2/02 from CSC.
    > What would you suggest us to do to expedite the process: both at the embassy and by
    > me and/or my fiancee.
    >
    > Thank you, Robert
    >
    > P.S. I posted a similar question two days ago, too.