Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Montreal and Vancouver Consulate.......thought you should know this..

Wikiposts

Montreal and Vancouver Consulate.......thought you should know this..

Old Jan 6th 2003, 8:14 am
KMT
Forum Regular

KMT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montreal and Vancouver Consulate.......thought you should know this..

VSI sent our notification and approval to Montreal, we wanted it to go to Vancouverfor interview. After emailing them, asking them to transfer it to Vancouver, they emailed me back and said this:

--------As soon as we receive the petition we will automatically send it to Vancouver since you reside in BC. em

So that is good to know.

KMT
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Montreal and Vancouver Consulate.......thought you should know this..

Originally posted by KMT
VSI sent our notification and approval to Montreal, we wanted it to go to Vancouverfor interview. After emailing them, asking them to transfer it to Vancouver, they emailed me back and said this:

--------As soon as we receive the petition we will automatically send it to Vancouver since you reside in BC. em

So that is good to know.

KMT
It happens quite often so Montreal and Vancouver had set up a system for transferring files from one to the other. Glad it won't hinder your interview time by much. Have you set up the provisional file with Vancouver already?

Rete
Old Jan 6th 2003, 11:33 am
KMT
Forum Regular

My fiance hasn't rec'd anything yet. I got the second notification by mail........and that is it. We haven't rec'd a packet. They did call with a question, (vancouver), wanting to know if he was a citizen of canada, and ofcourse he is, so that is all so far. I did send some paperwork (proof of relationship stuff/tax records/letter from my work and so forth) backwith my fiance after his visit, but I am going to have to do the affidavit of support again, didn't get it notarized. But I think I have time. What happens next, how long does it take to get this packet, and shouldn't they be calling him for an interview. Maybe I am getting in a hurry.

Thanks,
KMT
Old Jan 6th 2003, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by KMT
My fiance hasn't rec'd anything yet. I got the second notification by mail........and that is it. We haven't rec'd a packet. They did call with a question, (vancouver), wanting to know if he was a citizen of canada, and ofcourse he is, so that is all so far. I did send some paperwork (proof of relationship stuff/tax records/letter from my work and so forth) backwith my fiance after his visit, but I am going to have to do the affidavit of support again, didn't get it notarized. But I think I have time. What happens next, how long does it take to get this packet, and shouldn't they be calling him for an interview. Maybe I am getting in a hurry.

Thanks,
KMT

Hi:

I'm not one to answer timeline questions. But you might want to go the message board on the http://k1.exit.com site and search for "Arlan" -- she was a 18-year old Canadian who went through the process last Spring while residing in the Yukon.

I think her saga can give an idea of the pitfalls and travails that befall you but that it WILL work. Vancouver is pretty friendly consulate.
Old Jan 6th 2003, 1:14 pm
KMT
Forum Regular

Thanks......... I will check it out.
Old Jan 6th 2003, 1:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by KMT

Thanks,
KMT
By all means, e-mail or call the Vancouver Consulate and request that they send him the package so he can get started on his documentation. He can take his medical and order his police certificate now. Why not get a head start on it ;-)

Once he gets the package, he completes the various forms and sends it back to Vancouver to open a file and arrange for the interview. They won't be calling him for the appointment but wait until he sends back the checklist stating he has all the documentation required. Only then will they schedule an appointment for the interview. So either you or him call them and get the ball rolling. Vancouver is user friendly and will be happy to assist.

Rete
Old Jan 6th 2003, 1:20 pm
KMT
Forum Regular

Default Rete....... thanks.

Thank you so much!! I will do that. I appreciate your help so much! All of this can be so confusing.
Thanks again!
KMT
Old Jan 6th 2003, 2:35 pm
bba1vol

Default Re: Montreal and Vancouver Consulate.......thought you should know

what is a provisional file?
How do you set one up?

Old Jan 6th 2003, 5:19 pm
Oh'Canada

Default Re: Montreal and Vancouver Consulate.......thought you should know this..

Just so you know the Vancouver consulate does NOT open provisional files and
does not (normally) do a in house interview (I've emailed the consulate and
already asked them about this a while ago). You merely send them the
required documents and they send you back your passport with the Visa
already in it. They are very easy to get along with and very helpful in
Vancouver.

Cheers!

"KMT" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thank you so much!! I will do that. I appreciate your help so much!
    > All of this can be so confusing.
    > Thanks again!
    > KMT
    > --
    > Matty
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:14 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by Oh'Canada
Just so you know the Vancouver consulate does NOT open provisional files and
does not (normally) do a in house interview (I've emailed the consulate and
already asked them about this a while ago). You merely send them the
required documents and they send you back your passport with the Visa
already in it. They are very easy to get along with and very helpful in
Vancouver.

Cheers!
Oh Canada

Vancouver does open provisional files for K-1 visas and KMT is going for a K-1 not a K-3. K-1 visas require an "in house" interview.

Your information is valid for K-3 visas only.

Thanks

Rete
Old Jan 7th 2003, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point

So Vancouver will not open a provisional file for K-3 either?
Old Jan 7th 2003, 3:16 am
Concierge

Originally posted by Susie
So Vancouver will not open a provisional file for K-3 either?
That's what O'Canada is saying. It is actually the first time I've heard that Vancouver will not do so for a K-3.

They will for K-1s.

Rete