Reload this Page >

mohsin khan's I-751 with waiver questions

Wikiposts

mohsin khan's I-751 with waiver questions

Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:02 am
Just Joined

mohsin_khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mohsin khan's I-751 with waiver questions

I am sorry if this question not relevant to this particular post.
MY CR is going to expire in 1 month and we separated now. There is no way she will assist me with I-751 filling jointly. Can i apply for I-751 wavier based on bonafied marriage without a divorce degree at this point?? and later send the final divorce decree. If not, what are my other options. I will appreciate your concerns for me and value your opinion. Thanks in advance
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:08 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 Waiver

You can apply, but will receive an RFE for the decree and the case won't be processed until they have it.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:08 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Get my 10 year GC in hand yesterday!
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
You can apply, but will receive an RFE for the decree and the case won't be processed until they have it.
Thank you for your advice and congratulations for your 10 Yr GC
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mohsin khan's I-751 with waiver questions

Originally Posted by mohsin_khan
Can i apply for I-751 wavier based on bonafied marriage without a divorce degree at this point?
Yes, and I advise that you get the I-751 filed before your 2-yr GC expires. Some will suggest that divorce is an exception and you can delay filing the I-751 until you have the divorce decree in your hand, but I suggest you file the I-751 before your GC expires whether you have the decree or not. The obligation is to file the I-751 within the 90 days immediately prior to your GC expiring... and you really don't want to take a chance on this.

... and later send the final divorce decree.
You will get an RFE for the divorce decree and your case will remain pending until such time as you submit the decree... but yes, this is what I suggest you do.

Ian
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes, and I advise that you get the I-751 filed before your 2-yr GC expires. Some will suggest that divorce is an exception and you can delay filing the I-751 until you have the divorce decree in your hand, but I suggest you file the I-751 before your GC expires whether you have the decree or not. The obligation is to file the I-751 within the 90 days immediately prior to your GC expiring... and you really don't want to take a chance on this.

You will get an RFE for the divorce decree and your case will remain pending until such time as you submit the decree... but yes, this is what I suggest you do.

Ian
Thanks you for advice i guess this is best solution for me now.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 6:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohsin_khan
Thanks you for advice i guess this is best solution for me now.
I have deleted your private message. I don't answer private immigration questions - and I have no idea why you copied the same message to me in private as you posted in the public forum. Don't ever post to me in private again.

Ian
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Get my 10 year GC in hand yesterday!
I got mine on Wednesday and will apply for naturalization in March