Reload this Page >

Missing out informatioin on G325A-HElP NEEDED

Wikiposts

Missing out informatioin on G325A-HElP NEEDED

Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

chen2885 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Missing out informatioin on G325A-HElP NEEDED

I just found out that in the G-325A, when they ask you for the employment information for the past 5 years, they wanna you to include the ones that are in the USA and abroad. I was confused, I thought I only need to put down the ones I had in the USA for the past 5 years and the latest job that I had abroad. Therefore, I didn't include one job that I had abroad...
It was an honest mistake (for I-130 and I-485) that I misunderstood the form; I am pretty worried now, any advices or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:55 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing out informatioin on G325A-HElP NEEDED

Originally Posted by chen2885
I just found out that in the G-325A, when they ask you for the employment information for the past 5 years, they wanna you to include the ones that are in the USA and abroad. I was confused, I thought I only need to put down the ones I had in the USA for the past 5 years and the latest job that I had abroad. Therefore, I didn't include one job that I had abroad...
It was an honest mistake (for I-130 and I-485) that I misunderstood the form; I am pretty worried now, any advices or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!!
If they want more info they will send you an RFE I would not worry to much about it.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
If they want more info they will send you an RFE I would not worry to much about it.
Thanks! I was also told by my hubby to sit tight and correct it when they ask about it...
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I was also told by my hubby to sit tight and correct it when they ask about it...
I agree. You can't fix it now if you've already turned in your AOS package. If they have any questions, they'll let you know.

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light

I would complete a new G-325 and send it to CIS, asking them to replace the first one and explaining how you misunderstood the form. CIS might never connect the new one to the file, but at least you will have a record of having attempted to correct the mistake. You should send by a method that tracks delivery, and keep this evidence to bring to the interview.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emartin
I would complete a new G-325 and send it to CIS, asking them to replace the first one and explaining how you misunderstood the form. CIS might never connect the new one to the file, but at least you will have a record of having attempted to correct the mistake. You should send by a method that tracks delivery, and keep this evidence to bring to the interview.

Yes, she can do this but first is the fact that the G325A is an almost obselete form and second is the fact that to match up the new G325 to the case is about the same odds as winning the lottery and lastly is the fact that the information can be updated at the time of the interview.

It is unfortunate that the OP misinterpreted a simple question that asked her to recite her working history. I also hope that the OP gave all her living addresses regardless of where or what country they might have been in.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 28th 2009 at 5:28 am.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I would complete a new G-325 and send it to CIS...
If there was a reasonable chance that the form would actually be reunited with the case file, I would agree. I think you are overly optimistic. However counter-intuitive it might seem to an attorney, the safest course of action is to do nothing... and respond if/when an RFE shows up.

Ian
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If there was a reasonable chance that the form would actually be reunited with the case file, I would agree. I think you are overly optimistic. However counter-intuitive it might seem to an attorney, the safest course of action is to do nothing... and respond if/when an RFE shows up.

Ian
I'm not optimistic that the G-325 would get to the file - that's why I said they might never get matched. However, I would prefer her to go to an interview with evidence that she tried to correct the mistake, rather than not do anything. It is probable that she could wait to bring a new G-325 to the interview and everything would be fine. However, I've been at marriage interviews with very difficult CIS officers who might start alleging misrepresentation in this situation. While this is unlikely, why not take a little time and a few dollars to show that you tried to correct the mistake before the interview? It's conservative, but better than getting the permanent residence delayed because the officer won't approve her the day of interview.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:21 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not optimistic that the G-325 would get to the file - that's why I said they might never get matched. However, I would prefer her to go to an interview with evidence that she tried to correct the mistake, rather than not do anything. It is probable that she could wait to bring a new G-325 to the interview and everything would be fine. However, I've been at marriage interviews with very difficult CIS officers who might start alleging misrepresentation in this situation. While this is unlikely, why not take a little time and a few dollars to show that you tried to correct the mistake before the interview? It's conservative, but better than getting the permanent residence delayed because the officer won't approve her the day of interview.
I have to ask you this and I know you are the expert

Would the interview only be appointed once the paperwork and any RFE was submitted if requested!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys! I don't see why they would think I am mispresenting thought...the working experience I missed out was in Holland when I had a part-time job at a mexcian restaurant chain during my college; besides, I have the police clearance report from Holland, there is nothing for me to hide from them and there is no benefits from doing so...
I actually thought the same as in the residence address..I put all the US addresses in the past 5 years section, and put my latest oversea one below; but luckly my last oversea address covered the past 5 years period..which should not make any problems I hope regarding that...
Soo......should I send in a new one? My hubby still think I should do nothing at this point until they ask for it; Since I complete the form incorrectly, they should ask me to fix it if they don't accept it... (Since I didn't know that I need to put in all the jobs for the past 5 years, my oversea one was the ealiest one, from Jan 2006 till July 2006, I didn't have anything written down before that period)
Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:28 am

Thanks guys! I don't see why they would think I am mispresenting thought...the working experience I missed out was in Holland when I had a part-time job at a mexcian restaurant chain during my college; besides, I have the police clearance report from Holland, there is nothing for me to hide from them and there is no benefits from doing so...
I actually thought the same as in the residence address..I put all the US addresses in the past 5 years section, and put my latest oversea one below; but luckly my last oversea address covered the past 5 years period..which should not make any problems I hope regarding that...
Soo......should I send in a new one? My hubby still think I should do nothing at this point until they ask for it; Since I complete the form incorrectly, they should ask me to fix it if they don't accept it... (Since I didn't know that I need to put in all the jobs for the past 5 years, my oversea one was the ealiest one, from Jan 2006 till July 2006, I didn't have anything written down before that period)
We have already answered you the majority say NO the attorney says CYA.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys! I don't see why they would think I am mispresenting though.
Since I complete the form incorrectly, they should ask me to fix it if they don't accept it...
They shouldn't accuse you of misrepresenting. However the officers aren't always reasonable.

If they don't know the form is incorrect, why would they ask you to fix it?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Default Interview scheduling

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I have to ask you this and I know you are the expert

Would the interview only be appointed once the paperwork and any RFE was submitted if requested!
Yes, generally CIS will want the RFE response submitted and reviewed before they will schedule an interview.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

They shouldn't accuse you of misrepresenting. However the officers aren't always reasonable.

If they don't know the form is incorrect, why would they ask you to fix it?
I know what you mean now, but if they don't really care about my oversea work experience, will it necessary for me to correct it then?
If I didn't know this mistake at all..(I sent it in May and just notice that by exploring various website yesterday), what would happen then if they don't correct me on it...

My original understanding was to correct it when it comes up, so if they ask me about the form, I will tell them the truth and correct it...if they didn't ask any questions about it, I shouldn't just bring in a new g-325.

Last edited by chen2885; Jun 28th 2009 at 9:40 am.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

I know what you mean now, but if they don't really care about my oversea work experience, will it necessary for me to correct it then?
If I didn't know this mistake at all..(I sent it in May and just notice that by exploring various website yesterday), what would happen then if they don't correct me on it...

My original understanding was to correct it when it comes up, so if they ask me about the form, I will tell them the truth and correct it...if they didn't ask any questions about it, I shouldn't just bring in a new g-325.
I think it's clear that my approach is to be cautious and CYA, rather than risk even the remote chance that CIS will take issue with you "concealing" something, even if it is something very immaterial. I'm starting to repeat myself, so I'll withdraw and you do what you need to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.