Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Missing I-94 when filling I-485?

Wikiposts

Missing I-94 when filling I-485?

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 5:21 am
C.Riewe

Default Missing I-94 when filling I-485?

Hi,

My wife is missing her I-94.. Will this be a problem when filing for the I-485?

She flew to Korea when it was surrendered and then was not given one when she came
back via an automobile from Canada. Is there a place where we can get a new one -- or
should I not worry about this?

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 2:20 pm
Whit

Default Re: Missing I-94 when filling I-485?

Good question. They asked for ours. We naively did not realize the significance of
this document. But we found it when we needed it.

Whit

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Jason C is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately this will be a problem. When submitting the I-485 she needs to attach a copy of it to the application. Also, during the AOS interview, they want the original (they keep it) before they give her the temporary stamp on the passport.
Old Jul 23rd 2002, 7:20 am
Alf

Does INS really take your I-94 during AOS interview? I haven't heard this before.

"Jason C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Unfortunately this will be a problem. When submitting the I-485 she needs to attach
    > a copy of it to the application. Also, during the AOS interview, they want the
    > original (they keep it) before they give her the temporary stamp on the passport.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 5:20 pm
C.Riewe

I called the INS and they said it is not a problem TEST We are going there tomorrow
-- so I guess I will find out then -- I will keep you all posted..

Consistency and the INS?? "Alf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:V6h%[email protected]...
    > Does INS really take your I-94 during AOS interview? I haven't heard this before.
    >
    > "Jason C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Unfortunately this will be a problem. When submitting the I-485 she needs to
    > > attach a copy of it to the application. Also, during the AOS interview, they want
    > > the original (they keep it) before they give her the temporary stamp on the
    > > passport.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    >

Old Jul 24th 2002, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Jason C is an unknown quantity at this point

They took mine, I guess its because once you get your temporary stamp, there is no need for it anymore. They may only take it if they give your stamp at the interview. If you don't get your stamp right away, they probably would let you keep it until you do.

In any case, good luck. The interview, in my case, was the easiest part of the whole process,
Old Jul 24th 2002, 5:20 pm
Joe Thomas

Yes, you could have a prob (perhaps a major one, not knowing rest of the situation of
course ) If she leaves the country while pending AOS she needs to obtain " advance
parole " was that done? any what type of entry did she make going over the Canadian
border what type of visa or status did she use for that? Of course I cant profess to
know everything, I'm still waiting for my Wife's AOS interview myself. But I do know
you need to get the advance parole ( think it costs 120 bucks or so too ) to leave
the country while waiting for the AOS interview

Joe

"c.riewe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My wife is missing her I-94.. Will this be a problem when filing for the I-485?
    >
    > She flew to Korea when it was surrendered and then was not given one when she came
    > back via an automobile from Canada. Is there a place where we
can
    > get a new one -- or should I not worry about this?

Old Jul 24th 2002, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point

They took mine when I filed my paperwork on Monday, long before the interview
Old Jul 25th 2002, 1:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rule of thumb is:

If filing in person, they normally take the I-94 then and there. If filing by mail, they take the I-94 at the time of the interview for AOS.

Rete