British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Mis-information line - humour me. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/mis-information-line-humour-me-529630/)

alect Apr 15th 2008 11:00 pm

Mis-information line - humour me.

I know all of the caveats about the 800 mis-info line.

Nevertheless, does anyone know the path through the 800 Info Line maze to speak to a person? Since my receipt number is not in the system (online) the automated system can't find it. On previous occasions I have been able to get through to a person who then checked and said I needed to speak to an Immig Officer and transferred me (#1260 I think). This path no longer works and I just get lost in the useless and never ending mis-information announcements by the automated system.

HunterGreen Apr 15th 2008 11:35 pm

Re: Mis-information line - humour me.

Select language; press 2; press 4; at prompt press 0.

This should take you to a human, haven't tried it myself though as I have had no need to call them (happy happy joy joy).

I have tried other numbers with instructions from this site and they worked.

Poppy girl Apr 15th 2008 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by alect (Post 6214712)
I know all of the caveats about the 800 mis-info line.

Nevertheless, does anyone know the path through the 800 Info Line maze to speak to a person? Since my receipt number is not in the system (online) the automated system can't find it. On previous occasions I have been able to get through to a person who then checked and said I needed to speak to an Immig Officer and transferred me (#1260 I think). This path no longer works and I just get lost in the useless and never ending mis-information announcements by the automated system.

Yes lol go through the change of address prompts and in the end it will ask you to wait for a advisor, if you do not enter the address of course, thats the route I use :)

alect Apr 16th 2008 8:21 am

Thank you both - will try it tomorrow.

HunterGreen Apr 17th 2008 6:36 pm

Let us know if one or both works! Good luck....

alect Apr 17th 2008 10:44 pm

Well i did 1260 and spoke to someone. He wouldn't transfer me to an IO and just gave me the schpiel about normal processing times. I asked whether the IL had been sent out - he said he wouldn't be able to see that on their system anyway once it's at the DO. They would be able to see returned mail (ie if the letter was not delivered or lost and returned) and there is no indication of that.

I have read that others at LA DO have received their ILs for notice/priority dates more than a week after mine. On previous occasions I had been told by 800 mis-info line that I was queued for interview scheduling (therefore had cleared name check). Since name check is the only thing that could be delaying me now and apparently I had already cleared, I don't get why I don't have the IL yet (other than it's somewhere on a forgotten pile at LA DO :eek: ).