Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A minor matter about POE entry but it's been bugging me so I'll ask!

Wikiposts

A minor matter about POE entry but it's been bugging me so I'll ask!

Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:33 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A minor matter about POE entry but it's been bugging me so I'll ask!

Originally Posted by J-Man
I realise the situation will raise more scrutiny and questions for me & them if we arrive in a group and that ultimately it's down to the POE officer(s) on the day whether we get admitted. However I know that marrying on the VWP is allowed and I have no intention of breaking any laws so to hear that I'm playing with fire and should get professional advice (and especially from a poster with so much knowledge and experience) is a little worrying and I want to know if there's anything I can do to help the situation. Should we travel separately?
i am not a lawyer so dont know what fire mr f was specifically posting about - other than travelling in a big group draws attention to the fact your getting married on a vwp. If you want to mitigate the risk then travel alone on the vwp a day in advance. DONT volunteer the wedding info - but of course tell them if they ask. Take your evidence that you will be returning (ie return tickets, employment letter, training booked, maybe copy of ticket for fiancee going to uk later, copy of her uk visa docs, copy of job resignation letter or whatever etc etc) and just hope for the best.
If they suspect you will try and adjust status then your going to be refused as thats specifically against the rules. If all goes well - then the family follow a day later and they are simply guests at a wedding and very little issue there.