Minneapolis anyone?

Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:23 am
This space for rent

freezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Minneapolis anyone?

Not sure if any of my countrymen/women ventured into the cold midwest.
Never thought that my freezerman moniker would be this appropriate.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:26 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minneapolis anyone?

Originally Posted by freezerman
I'm sure you are a very nice person - even though you must be a complete nutcase to have moved the Minneapolis

Luckily we like nutcases here, so please carry on ........ but you do of course need to present a good case as to why we should take you seriously!

Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:37 am
This space for rent

freezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond repute

I got a great job offer out here. I had no idea just how cold it gets here, I thought Massachusetts was cold but damn!
My American wife said to me "you go out there and make sure you like it, I will sell the house and follow you".
So I moved out here in October, I asked the folks out here what the weather was like, they told me that they get the occasional dusting of snow nothing to worry about.
So I sold my 4WD and bought a Mustang. Needless to say I have had an interesting winter.
My wife is moving out in June.
Old May 7th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

"Occsional dusting"!!! We are over in Mi and there ain't no way we could call it a "dusting" here!
Old May 18th 2007, 2:54 am
Just Joined

daizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nicedaizycakes is just really nice
Red face Re: Minneapolis anyone?

I live in Minneapolis and I am currently searching for a Brit ex-pat group. I'm not actually an ex-pat, just an Anglophile looking to meet some interesting Brits. If you do a search at Meetup.com, there is a local ex-pat group. I haven't joined it, because my ex-boyfriend is a member and I'm not too keen to run into him. (sigh). Let me know if you find anything, (just out of curiosity). Good luck!
Old May 18th 2007, 12:25 pm
This space for rent

Originally Posted by daizycakes
I live in Minneapolis and I am currently searching for a Brit ex-pat group. I'm not actually an ex-pat, just an Anglophile looking to meet some interesting Brits. If you do a search at Meetup.com, there is a local ex-pat group. I haven't joined it, because my ex-boyfriend is a member and I'm not too keen to run into him. (sigh). Let me know if you find anything, (just out of curiosity). Good luck!
I'll do a little more research, thanks for the info.
John
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jimc_usa will become famous soon enoughJimc_usa will become famous soon enough

We came to Minneapolis in 1984 because of job, the first winter we thought we would freeze to death . But we aclimatised(sp). If you can ever get used to it - we did. My mum in Manchester says she can't imagine what minus 20 degrees feels like. Moved to WI in 1995.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:18 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

My girlfriend is from MN and lives in Blaine, near Minneapolis. I am next over on 8th December for a week before I move to Chicago (visa permitting) on 1 March. If you guys end up meeting in that week in Dec or after 1 March, I would be up for it.

I'm from Bristol, UK by the way. I have absolutely loved every second I have spent in Minnesota and love the people. You got very lucky with your job offer sir!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Jimc_usa will become famous soon enoughJimc_usa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lj2
Hi all

My girlfriend is from MN and lives in Blaine, near Minneapolis. I am next over on 8th December for a week before I move to Chicago (visa permitting) on 1 March. If you guys end up meeting in that week in Dec or after 1 March, I would be up for it.

I'm from Bristol, UK by the way. I have absolutely loved every second I have spent in Minnesota and love the people. You got very lucky with your job offer sir!
Actually married an American girl, 35 years ago and came to the US in '79,
but thank you anyway. Chicago is where I first landed and the traffic frightend the hell out of me until I got used to it. (You have to have eyes in your rear)
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

amyoink is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone, i'm new to the site. I'm not actually British, but a NEw Zealander. I moved over here on a fiance visa, and married my American Deputy Sheriff. I'm now actually contemplating going home, as we are having money issues and i got offered a very attractive job back in NEw Zealand. I'm actually going nuts here trying to figure out if i should stay or go. I just feel so isolated up here a lot of the time. We are living an hour from Minneapolis, in WI, a place called Menomonie. And yes the winter has been a complete shocker for me. If anyone out there is also close to me, i would love a catch up, coffee, or beer with anyone who feels the pain!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:42 pm
This space for rent

well I guess I have been here for about 18 months or so now and I must have gotten used to it since we are now buying a house here.
Seems to me that this winter has been much worse than the lat one though.
I believe I will be moving to Maple Grove in May.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Have you found the Brit meet up group yet Freezerman?

I got together with them once on a trip back. They are all very nice people and I love Minneapolis in the summer but the long winters kill me so I can't really move back there and am now looking at the SF bay area.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:52 pm
This space for rent

Hi, No I havent met up with them yet. I have been travelling a lot with my job in the past six months (oddly enough mainly to the UK) and so havent had a whole lot of time to do much beyond working. With the house move coming up I doubt I am going to have much time in the next 6 either
I am back off to England on Wednesday.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:49 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, No I havent met up with them yet. I have been travelling a lot with my job in the past six months (oddly enough mainly to the UK) and so havent had a whole lot of time to do much beyond working. With the house move coming up I doubt I am going to have much time in the next 6 either
I am back off to England on Wednesday.
Just thought Id add to this thread that Visa permitted and I'm now living in Chicago (with the traffic!). There tends to be lots of chat about meet ups but not much action, which I understand cos we are all busy right? But I'm likely to be in MN for a weekend in May so if anyone does want to get a beer, I'd be happy with that.

Peace all.