Military Liars?

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:36 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Military Liars?

I suspected something like this, because all the TV military analysts seemed to say the same thing, but I didn't know they were actually carrying lies from the pentagon, to us.

It's a fairly long article, but you see an admission that one Retired General saw that the men and the humvees were short of armour, didn't mention it in his report that there had been remarkable progress.

Sunday NY Times
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:53 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Military Liars?

"Military Liars" - for once something which isn't an oxymoron...

How fast will this go to TIO?

during the past 5 years or so... with the run up to the war, the course of the war etc... Over the course of such time, the only question per se which I would like to know an answer to why Ret. Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf has never been approached, consulted, correspondent etc about this conflict?!? Hmmm, I wonder why that is?!?! Sshhhh, don't tell the American public..
Over the past 6 years, I think I've only seen him once on television for a snippet 'interview'..
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:01 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
"Military Liars" - for once something which isn't an oxymoron...

How fast will this go to TIO?

during the past 5 years or so... with the run up to the war, the course of the war etc... Over the course of such time, the only question per se which I would like to know an answer to why Ret. Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf has never been approached, consulted, correspondent etc about this conflict?!? Hmmm, I wonder why that is?!?! Sshhhh, don't tell the American public..
Over the past 6 years, I think I've only seen him once on television for a snippet 'interview'..
I heard a discussion on Schwarzkopf, They said he wouldn't do it. Wasn't interested.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:07 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I heard a discussion on Schwarzkopf, They said he wouldn't do it. Wasn't interested.
was that the "official" explanation?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:18 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

He said in the epilogue to his autobiography, in response to the question why we didn't go "all the way" in Desert Storm that if we did so we would have to rebuild Iraq, maintain a presence there etc, etc.

He had served two tours in Viet Nam.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:24 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
He said in the epilogue to his autobiography, in response to the question why we didn't go "all the way" in Desert Storm that if we did so we would have to rebuild Iraq, maintain a presence there etc, etc.
And there we all were thinking that we didn't invade Iraq the fist time because of UN resolutions and maintaining that mighty coalition.

"We are not nation building" they said.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:08 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Originally Posted by cindyabs

yeah, same for Cheney saying back in '94 on CSPAN that it would have caused a quagmire etc. My point per se or belief/conviction is that had Swartzkopf been on a soap box or asked about opinion about the planning, run-up to, execution and legitimacy of the current war etc... it wouldn't be good. His outspoken reputation and obvious criticizing viewpoint would have done alot of damage to the administration or even killed the notion to invade - as the public would, with no doubt in their minds have listened to the likes of S'kopf more so over the (already then) questionable administration. S'kopf probably still has a lot of credibility and public respect. They had a product to sell but having S'kopf opposing it would probably mean they wouldn't be able to sell it to us imho.

Last edited by Tarkak9; Apr 23rd 2008 at 7:11 am.