Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Middle Name (plus AOS questions)

Wikiposts

Middle Name (plus AOS questions)

Old Dec 21st 2011, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Cadi24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Middle Name (plus AOS questions)

I like your answers, Jeff, they provide more information. It's just that in all instructions I'm told to either use None or N/A. But if I'm allowed to answer in my own way, great. I like that.

So in question 'Applicant's employment last five years' can my wife put 'Unemployed' under 'Full name and address of employer' and 'Quit on...' under 'Occupation'? Or would it be better if she didn't provide that extra information? My wife quit while in the US when we decided she wouldn't be going back.

Thanks Folinsky for taking the time to respond. Whether or not they even read this form, I'm still going to fill it out as best as I can.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 1:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I'd put, for the most recent period of employment that ends at "Present Time". (Unlike many other people, I would not list other periods of unemployment within the last 5 years, only periods of employment, but each person should do what makes them feel most comfortable.)
Originally Posted by Cadi24
So in question 'Applicant's employment last five years' can my wife put 'Unemployed' under 'Full name and address of employer'
I always answer the question that is asked. This is a question where under the circumstances of having just written "unemployed", 'none' or even 'N/A' makes perfect sense.
and 'Quit on...' under 'Occupation'?
Regards, JEff
Old Dec 21st 2011, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So in question 'Applicant's employment last five years' can my wife put 'Unemployed' under 'Full name and address of employer' and 'Quit on...' under 'Occupation'?
Answer only the question asked. The question doesn't ask about periods of unemployment. If she was unemployed, then the correct response would be "none" under each heading.

Ian