Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Method of binding Affidavit of support when notarized

Method of binding Affidavit of support when notarized

Old Sep 8th 2002, 3:31 am
Jim Lockwood

Default Method of binding Affidavit of support when notarized

Our I-864 from my wife's joint sponsor (he brother in law) was notarized in the US
and sent to us unbound. When my wife's I-864 was notarized at the US Embassy in
London it was bound together with a little metal ring that the guy called a gromit.
I asked at the time if they should always be bound together and he said it should be.

Anyone have any experience of this? Since I already have it and it's notarized,
should I just bind it myself?

Any help is appreciated

Jim

Old Sep 8th 2002, 9:02 am
Sheila

Default Re: Method of binding Affidavit of support when notarized

Clive's interview was last week an our affidavit was not bound by anything. Clive did
not have a problem with it not being bound when he brought it to the Embassy.

--
Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02

6/22/02- Received Visa "Jim Lockwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message [u-
rl="news:[email protected] le.com"]news:5aeb2626.0209080-
[email protected][/url]...
    > Our I-864 from my wife's joint sponsor (he brother in law) was notarized in the US
    > and sent to us unbound. When my wife's I-864 was notarized at the US Embassy in
    > London it was bound together with a little metal ring that the guy called a
    > gromit. I asked at the time if they should always be bound together and he said
    > it should be.
    > Anyone have any experience of this? Since I already have it and it's notarized,
    > should I just bind it myself?
    > Any help is appreciated
    > Jim

Old Sep 9th 2002, 2:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Method of binding Affidavit of support when notarized

Originally posted by Jim Lockwood:
Our I-864 from my wife's joint sponsor (he brother in law) was notarized in the US and sent to us unbound. When my wife's I-864 was notarized at the US Embassy in
London it was bound together with a little metal ring that the guy called a gromit.
I asked at the time if they should always be bound together and he said it should be.

Anyone have any experience of this? Since I already have it and it's notarized, should I just bind it myself?

Any help is appreciated

Jim
They have a nifty tool at the Embassy to punch the hole and bind it with the gromet. I took mine in clipped with a big clamp and they punched it for me. If they want it bound, I suspect they'll do it for you.