Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Memorandum of Conviction?

Memorandum of Conviction?

Old Jan 21st 2013, 7:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Memorandum of Conviction?

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I'm assuming he's paid for the visa, because he mentions not receiving the confirmation. I have no idea if abandoning the process at this stage, without forwarding documents or scheduling an appointment, would constitute a denial or not.

To be honest, after paying the MRV fee, which is a not inconsiderable amount of money, I would suggest the OP continues with the visa application. After all, there is a criminal past involved, and the OP genuinely believed they were ineligible for the VWP.
Sounds good to me.

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

JumboCat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I came here looking for help - but answers are becoming less helpful...

In my original post I have pointed out that I Completed the 'DS-160 Visa Form' I have my ACPO and VCU1. Have called embassy to arrange appointment. But need to make a second call once I have uploaded all my forms. Does anyone know the procedure for this?

For the record I just want to take two weeks holiday in Florida - come home -- tick that Theme Park box and say job done!

My original post asked one question about MoC. Please refer to it...

It really is a simple question...
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The MOC would certainly be useful in establishing the exact particulars of your case. As far as scanning your supporting documents goes, give the embassy a bit of time. They'll send you an email pretty soon which will tell you the address to forward your scanned paperwork to.
Originally Posted by JumboCat
In my original post I have pointed out that I Completed the 'DS-160 Visa Form' I have my ACPO and VCU1. Have called embassy to arrange appointment. But need to make a second call once I have uploaded all my forms. Does anyone know the procedure for this?

materialcontroller answered your questions in post number 10, which I've quoted above.

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

For the record I just want to take two weeks holiday in Florida - come home -- tick that Theme Park box and say job done!

I've been through this process myself. Twice in fact.

The procedure is that you call the advice line, pay the MRV fee and give them your details. The embassy then send you an email asking you to forward copies of all supporting documentation. The Visa Coordination Unit then consider those documents. You're then sent a second email inviting you to call the advice line back and schedule the appointment. Then you turn up to the embassy on the allotted day/time and have your interview.

As Rene has already pointed out to you, I addressed the question of the MOC previously. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Or you can search my old posts by clicking on my username, or search the entire forum using the link at the head of the page.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

The procedure is that you call the advice line, pay the MRV fee and give them your details. The embassy then send you an email asking you to forward copies of all supporting documentation. The Visa Coordination Unit then consider those documents. You're then sent a second email inviting you to call the advice line back and schedule the appointment. Then you turn up to the embassy on the allotted day/time and have your interview.

As Rene has already pointed out to you, I addressed the question of the MOC previously. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Or you can search my old posts by clicking on my username, or search the entire forum using the link at the head of the page.
Makes sense - thanks...

JC
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

If you were expecting this process to happen overnight, let me tell you it won't. If things go well, you might send off your documents within a week and be able to schedule an appointment for a week or so later than that. If things don't go smoothly, you could be looking at a month or more before you can get an appointment. Then, if you get the visa, it'll be another 2 weeks to get your passport back. If you need a waiver (unlikely in your case, but you never know), it could take 6 or 7 months to finalise.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

stevepud is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the same about 25 years ago.
I ran across a road, guy in car hooted at me, I shouted at him, got busted by a police officer who was on the pavement.

I was charged and convicted of "Threatening and abusive behaviour" with a £25 fine.

I was granted an ESTA in 2010 and again in 2012.
As you mentioned, this 'crime' falls in the lowest category of offence.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So is it a CIMT, and that's why you're not using the VWP?

Rene
According to the Wikipedia version and topics of CIMT, It is not deemed a CIMT. But it will be down to the CONOFF I guess!

My offence is categorised in Offence Group C, which is the lowest UK category.

Question: Do I need a Memorandum of Conviction?

Is swearing at another person CIMT? There was no violence involved and this was nearly 18 years ago...

Are my chances low if this is classed as CIMT?

JC
If you have told them you have a conviction, it is best to get a memorandum of conviction, this will show everything they need to know and that you are being honest with them!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Again I will state, get it! It will cost you money to obtain it as the courts will say we need to lose a person for "X" amount of hours to research it. When I requested mine from over 30+ years ago there was no record, but they charged me for the letter and the memorandum! Cost me 60 pounds.

The memorandum will show:
Date of hearing.
Plaintiff & Defendant
Charge
Outcome
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Wolfy

I do have an MoC (hence having so much detail). But it's dated 2004 and relates to my old postal address. All the details relate to my only conviction.

Should I apply for a new Moc from my current address?

Or wait and see which documents the Embassy requires me to scan and upload?

On the telephone they just asked for the ACPO and VCU1 to be scanned.

JC

Last edited by JumboCat; Jan 22nd 2013 at 2:40 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Wolfy

I do have an MoC (hence having so much detail). But it's dated 2004 and relates to my old postal address. All the details relate to my only conviction.

Should I apply for a new Moc from my current address?

Or wait and see which documents the Embassy requires me to scan and upload?

On the telephone they just asked for the ACPO and VCU1 to be scanned.

JC
I don't see any reason why you need a new MOC. Just submit the one you already have - scan it and attach to the email with the ACPO and VCU-1.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't see any reason why you need a new MOC. Just submit the one you already have - scan it and attach to the email with the ACPO and VCU-1.
I agree with MC on this one, if they want an updated/new copy they will ask for it and even then it should only take a few days to obtain as you have all the dates required!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi all...

Quick update.

I scanned my documents and emailed them to embassy yesterday (Monday). Received a response yesterday afternoon to make an interview appointment. Called them this morning - there was availability this Friday! I took an appointment for next week as I'm self employed and need to schedule my workload.

JC
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

Hi all...

Quick update.

I scanned my documents and emailed them to embassy yesterday (Monday). Received a response yesterday afternoon to make an interview appointment. Called them this morning - there was availability this Friday! I took an appointment for next week as I'm self employed and need to schedule my workload.

JC
Great. Best of luck!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

evil-homer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,

i have just been though the process and had my interview last week , i had the very same charge on my ACPO sheet , i was finded £200 , they never even asked about this convition so i would doubt they would ask you to obtain a MOC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.