Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medicals done, now nearly time for the interviews!

Medicals done, now nearly time for the interviews!

Old Feb 19th 2019, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Cerig1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Medicals done, now nearly time for the interviews!

Hey,

Hubby and the kids had their medicals at the end of Jan and the interviews are booked for Monday 25 Feb!!

I can't believe it's almost here and we won't be in limbo for much longer!

Old Feb 19th 2019, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals done, now nearly time for the interviews!

Best of luck! Though I'm sure you don't need it.

I remember sitting in the embassy the day of my interview bricking it, then I handed my documents in and was called up to a window a few moments later and asked some questions before the interviewer casually said 'ok you're good to go' I was like "That's IT?!' It;s a relief but rather anticlimactic after all the work and stress of it all.

Where are you hoping to settle?
Old Feb 20th 2019, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Cerig1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, hopefully it's just a formality.

We're looking to go to Port St Lucie in Florida - it's where my family are. Are you glad you made the move?
Old Feb 20th 2019, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Very much so. We had a rough first year because we relocated to my wife's family in Central WA and I struggled for 7 months or so to get a job in my field in that area. I started looking further afield and ended up getting an awesome job in the Midwest. The downside is we are now away from both my wife's and my family but I love it here and would never want to move back to the UK now unless I absolutely had to.