Reload this Page >

Medical Vaccination Question - Baby

Medical Vaccination Question - Baby

Old Mar 31st 2019, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Vaccination Question - Baby

Hi,

my baby is going to London for medical and interview next week. However, I have a question regarding the vaccinations she needs.

I have checked the embassy website and she has all the correct jags apart from the "influenza' jag. In the UK this jag is for 2-11 years old so she hasn't had it. The medical sheet says it is required ' YES, 6 months and older (annually each flu season) .

my daughter will be 7 months old at time of travelling to USA but under 6 months at time of medical?

given the flu season is over I would rather not give her a jag.

Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2019, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Vaccination Question - Baby

The medical sheet says it is required?
Old Mar 31st 2019, 7:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Yes, a child six months or over needs the flu shot. Flu does not just happen during "flu" season. It can happen at anytime of the year. If your doctor will not give it to the baby, if the Knightsbridge doctors won't, then you will be asked to have it done in the US when you arrive.

P.S. I'm assuming a "jag" is a jab ... a slang word for vaccination.
Old Mar 31st 2019, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

yes Jag = Jab = vaccination. thanks
Old Mar 31st 2019, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Im not sure if your response was a sarcastic questions??

but my confusion came in the fact my daughters age is under 6 months at time of medical but over 6 months at age of entry... and that the NHS info we got given said that its for 2-11 years only in the UK.

Old Apr 1st 2019, 12:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Scar, her medical exam is before she is 6 months old. She does not require the vaccination at that age and that is what Knightsbridge will go by. As for entry into the US, she/you will not be stopped and refused entry if that is your concern. I don't honestly recall what visa you are obtaining but if it is a CR-1/IR-1 then that is the end of the matter. If you are going for the K-1, then the baby will require the vaccination done in the US and the new vaccination supplement done by a USCIS panel doctor.
Old Apr 1st 2019, 7:57 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC 'flu jab is only required in flu season, which I believe is 1st October to 31st March.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions...n-requirements

Q. When does the flu season start for purposes of the seasonal flu vaccine requirement? Since the seasonal flu vaccine is required, do I have to get the seasonal flu vaccine if it is not the flu season?
A. For purposes of the immigration medical examination, the flu season starts on October 1 and ends on March 31 each year. If your immigration medical examination is during this period, you are required to have the seasonal flu vaccine. If you have an immigration medical examination completed between April 1 and September 30, when it is not the flu season for immigration purposes, you are not required to document that you have received the seasonal flu vaccine.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

one (hopefully) final question.

is a scanned & signed copy of the affidavit of support acceptable. The joint sponsor is in the USA and has scanned through the file rather than posting it?
Old Apr 6th 2019, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scar
Im not sure if your response was a sarcastic questions??

but my confusion came in the fact my daughters age is under 6 months at time of medical but over 6 months at age of entry... and that the NHS info we got given said that its for 2-11 years only in the UK.

No, not sarcastic..I was just wondering about the reconciliation, same as you...

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 6th 2019 at 4:23 pm.