Wikiposts

Medical question...?

Old Feb 26th 2014, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Musical is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical question...?

I would appreciate a little more advice please….my USC fiancé has just completed and sent off the I-129F…so we are on our way…!
I am trying to get all the supporting documentation ready such as divorce decrees, police certificates etc. so that I have as much to hand as possible when I need to start filling out the paperwork for my immigrant visa application.
My query is this…I work in a school and am not quite ready to let everyone know of my plans – not until things are more concrete. I have a window of opportunity to travel to London for a Medical within the Easter holiday. Is this too soon? Is it possible to have the medical before my case is sent to London, presuming that everything runs smoothly and approval of the petition is received, without any need for RFEs? I don’t want to cause myself any problems down the line, and am not trying to rush things, but I live far up north and am unable to have time off during term time so Easter would be ideal.
thank you...
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:04 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical question...?

Originally Posted by Musical
I would appreciate a little more advice please….my USC fiancé has just completed and sent off the I-129F…so we are on our way…!
I am trying to get all the supporting documentation ready such as divorce decrees, police certificates etc. so that I have as much to hand as possible when I need to start filling out the paperwork for my immigrant visa application.
My query is this…I work in a school and am not quite ready to let everyone know of my plans – not until things are more concrete. I have a window of opportunity to travel to London for a Medical within the Easter holiday. Is this too soon? Is it possible to have the medical before my case is sent to London, presuming that everything runs smoothly and approval of the petition is received, without any need for RFEs? I don’t want to cause myself any problems down the line, and am not trying to rush things, but I live far up north and am unable to have time off during term time so Easter would be ideal.
thank you...
Knightsbridge won't even let you schedule your medical until you have your case number (after your fiancee's petition has been approved). You really don't have a hope of an April medical if your fiancee's just filed the I129F. Maybe during the summer holidays though
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

I had a feeling that might be the case....was just hoping it might fit...thank you for getting back to me though.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to get all the supporting documentation ready such as divorce decrees,
You should have already gotten the divorce decrees, as they were needed for the I-129F petition submittal.

Rene
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

sorry...I do have them already...they went with the petition..I will be a lot clearer and concise if I have any further queries...thanks for checking, Noorah...
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

oops....Rene
Old Feb 26th 2014, 3:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry...I do have them already...they went with the petition..I will be a lot clearer and concise if I have any further queries...thanks for checking, Noorah...
oops....Rene
LOL, it's OK, I answer to both.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2014, 4:15 am
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough

thank you...
Hi there

I was booked to have my medical a few weeks ago but I had to cancel it as my case is still at NVC. I called Knightsbridge and they said they had been advised by the embassy not to examine any applicants before their case has reached London. The reason for this is because when your results are sent to the embassy without your file being there they have nothing to match the results up with.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Shezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you...
I understand your dilemma. I was a teacher in high school in the UK and subject to a 3 month notice period. Not easy to time everything - but I went to see the Head who was surprisingly very gracious and accommodating. We did a little negotiating (I was also head of year so gave up that role to let her fill it) and she agreed to me not submitting resignation until interview was approved. I left a week later It's worth considering sounding your line manager out on a hypothetical scenario to see how much flexibility you could hope for.

Our timeline began almost exactly where yours is but 2 years ago (Feb 28th). Petition was approved the following Sept 6th, medical 28th Sept, interview October 12th and flew out to US at end of half term holidays, so I got a week off to do last minute bits as well.

Depending on your line manager's stance, you will worry and stress much less throughout this year if you know you have someone who will support you.

Shezi
Old Feb 27th 2014, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

thank you very much for your post. It is good to hear of someone in a similar situation to myself. I do intend speaking with my line manager once we receive word that the I-129F has been approved, at least then it will feel as though this is going to happen and I won't feel quite so 'at sea'. I want to be able to give them more than enough notice as I am very aware of the need for them to fill my role in plenty of time. If you don't mind, I may call on you again at some point in the future - as our situations were / are pretty similar.

Thank you again.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Shezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you very much for your post. It is good to hear of someone in a similar situation to myself. I do intend speaking with my line manager once we receive word that the I-129F has been approved, at least then it will feel as though this is going to happen and I won't feel quite so 'at sea'. I want to be able to give them more than enough notice as I am very aware of the need for them to fill my role in plenty of time. If you don't mind, I may call on you again at some point in the future - as our situations were / are pretty similar.

Thank you again.
No problem at all, we had our NOA1 on March 2nd, they are usually pretty fast as far as I can see, unless there is a problem with the petition itself. The next part (the waiting on an approval / RFE / rejection) was hard. I carried on teaching 'as normal' for the rest of the academic year. I'd hoped to be able to leave in the summer and not start fresh in September with a new group but that didn't happen. By then pretty much everyone knew where I was up to. One of our negotiations was that I started September without a timetable so just did whole school jobs, filling in as and when. That's why I was able to resign after my interview in London and leave within a week.

You will also need 2 trips to London - I got lucky, both mine were on Fridays (2 weeks apart), but this is where you will need flexibility. At least by then, you will have had an approved petition

It's going to be a long year ahead Having said that, there is a member currently waiting for interview who only filed last November, so you never know. Good luck with the next part!

Shezi