Wikiposts

Medical Question

Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Chris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud of
Default Medical Question

So, I had my medical and I was two jabs short of the full set... I got them both done at my local GP when I got home and got them to print me a list of my completed vaccinations...

I emailed knightsbridge a couple of times and asked if they could update my medical or whatever but they don't seem to know what to do, other than that they cant update it, and pointed to the embassy...

Basically, I don't want to get trapped into paying out a whole load more money when I get over there for jabs that I have already had... any info would be appreciated muchly
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:22 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Question

I think, just think mind you, that you can just bring the record of the jabs with you and submit them with your AOS application after you are married.

The vaccination requirement, if memory doesn't deal me a dog turd, is to be satisfied before adjusting status, not for entry on the K1. At least I'm pretty sure that's the way I did it. I just had to get my tetanus jab before I left and I never had to send it to the embassy before entering. Just did it at my GP on the NHS and didn't have to pay for any vaccinations stateside. I suspect you will be OK as you are.

How's the packing going by the way?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Chris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud of

Uuum, good and bad... it's difficult to throw stuff away but I can't justify keeping things that haven't seen daylight in five years or more!

Also, I'm definitely definitely going to need a bigger suitcase!

Thanks for the info, it makes sense; I guess they aren't exactly going to perform and charge me for a new medical at POE
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:39 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_UK2WI
Uuum, good and bad... it's difficult to throw stuff away but I can't justify keeping things that haven't seen daylight in five years or more!

Also, I'm definitely definitely going to need a bigger suitcase!

Thanks for the info, it makes sense; I guess they aren't exactly going to perform and charge me for a new medical at POE
Been there! I left the majority of my packing (including dismantling a computer to bring) until the night before, true to form, and had my mum/dad/sister bring a guitar each and a bunch more crap when they came out for the wedding.

Now, 5 years on, my mum still has boxes of stuff to send to me

Yep - they won't make you take a new medical at the POE (even though it was a joke!!), you're home free now. BTW - I assume your POE is O'Hare, right? What do you make of that airport? International is OK - but don't get me started on domestic flights!! Much prefer Milwaukee for that.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

It's O'Hare yeah... I don't mind it too much, although I guess I haven't been delayed in there for long enough to spend much time in there!

I decided to sell my guitar and buy again when I'm over seeing as so many of them are so much cheaper... and I've also got parcels of books to give to each of my relatives that is coming to the wedding (although I haven't told them as much yet!)...

but hopefully in the next couple of weeks I might see some progress
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:20 am
I have a comma problem

It's O'Hare yeah... I don't mind it too much, although I guess I haven't been delayed in there for long enough to spend much time in there!

I decided to sell my guitar and buy again when I'm over seeing as so many of them are so much cheaper... and I've also got parcels of books to give to each of my relatives that is coming to the wedding (although I haven't told them as much yet!)...

but hopefully in the next couple of weeks I might see some progress
When I moved, my POE was Newark, then I connected to O'Hare. My poor wife didn't realise that you couldn't park and walk in to terminal 2, like you can at 5 to pick me up, and there was I running round (late after a delay) like a blue-arsed fly trying to find a phone to call her, and then I just happened to wander out onto the pick-up area with my 2 cases, guitar and camera bag just as she was driving by!

You can get a decent deal on a guitar here if you're lucky. I can recommend a music shop here in IL if you're not too far from the border. I had 10 prior to moving and I kept 5 to bring over. Had to sell my drums, keyboards and recording desk though - so far I have the 'boards but still no drums!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:29 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to have a Civil Surgeon in the USA do an I-693 for you to submit with your adjustment of status application. Bring your DS-3025 vaccination report from the Panel Physician and the record of the 2 additional vaccinations from your GP.

Maybe you can get away with having just the vaccination section of the I-693 done, not the whole medical exam. If not, there is a voice of reason here who observes, but neither recommends nor advises, that having a complete I-693 isn't such a bad thing anyway.

Regards, JEff

So, I had my medical and I was two jabs short of the full set... I got them both done at my local GP when I got home and got them to print me a list of my completed vaccinations...

I emailed knightsbridge a couple of times and asked if they could update my medical or whatever but they don't seem to know what to do, other than that they cant update it, and pointed to the embassy...

Basically, I don't want to get trapped into paying out a whole load more money when I get over there for jabs that I have already had... any info would be appreciated muchly

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Apr 9th 2010 at 6:34 am.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Of course not - there are no medical facilities with a Civil Surgeon on staff at the POEs!

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Yep - they won't make you take a new medical at the POE (even though it was a joke!!), you're home free now.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:51 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Of course not - there are no medical facilities with a Civil Surgeon on staff at the POEs!

Regards, JEff
I meant to cut that part out - was trying to work in a joke based on the recent X-ray thread but couldn't be arsed in the end
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Then I suggest the pinned thread at the top of the forum, the one about I-693 & AOS. Knightsbridge can't alter the medical they have already done for you, so it sounds like you will need your fresh vax record transcribed by a US panel doc, and there will be a charge for that.