Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical Pack For Interview

Wikiposts

Medical Pack For Interview

Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future
Default Medical Pack For Interview

Hey All,

Well finally i received my medical pack today (15th) medical was on the 6th how slow, but anyways when at Nuffeild in Birmingham i had 2 nurses and it was their first day doing US Visa Medicals. Didn't fill me with loads of confidence but anyways my point is:-

Is it right that the pack contains a copy of your X-Rays cause the Envelope is huge and says X-Rays please do not bend. I am sure Nuffeild Have done it correctly but still i don't really see why the embassy needs them lol.

Thanks for any Help

Ian
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

ten66 will become famous soon enoughten66 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medical Pack For Interview

Ian, I got my medical results today complete with the x-rays, so you answered the question I posed a couple of minutes ago. I too was surprised to get the actual x-rays and they won't fit in my new briefcase I got especially for the interview!

I wish you all the very best on Friday. Cheers, Simon.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ten66
Ian, I got my medical results today complete with the x-rays, so you answered the question I posed a couple of minutes ago. I too was surprised to get the actual x-rays and they won't fit in my new briefcase I got especially for the interview!

I wish you all the very best on Friday. Cheers, Simon.
You didn't open the Envelope did you, my understanding is that it is supposed to remain sealed.

The Envelope definately is a bit of a pain to carry won't fit in anything lol.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

No, I haven't touched it, but I am curious to say the least to know exactly what's inside! I had to have the MMR jab so there may also be a juicy bill for £65 in there somewhere.

I also had the two trainee nurses at the Nuffield (as well as the more senior nurse) and was there about two hours in total. It was all very painless and the staff were polite and helpful at all times.

Will it take you long to get into Kensington on Friday? I'm staying with my brother in Harrow and taking the tube - about 40 minutes to Marble Arch, so he says.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

No, I haven't touched it, but I am curious to say the least to know exactly what's inside! I had to have the MMR jab so there may also be a juicy bill for £65 in there somewhere.

I also had the two trainee nurses at the Nuffield (as well as the more senior nurse) and was there about two hours in total. It was all very painless and the staff were polite and helpful at all times.

Will it take you long to get into Kensington on Friday? I'm staying with my brother in Harrow and taking the tube - about 40 minutes to Marble Arch, so he says.
I had all my jabs before i went cause i was a final year uni student so got them done by the uni for free lol, i thought you had to pay the Jab fees at the end of your medical so thats interesting that you haven't paid yet, maybe because everyone is new you got away with it lol.

There was no senior nurse who had experience in it for me the Doctor even came in whilst i was with them and told them what order he wanted everything in cause they kept giving it to him all over the place lol. I was there about 2 hours also, staff were polite but the organisation in my opinion was lacking quite badly just had to sit in a room until someone came to get me only person i told i was here was the receptionship then just waited not knowing if she had informed anybody in small room with about 7 chairs lol.

Probably no more than 40 mins either we are coming on the district line from southfields (near wimbledon).

Is your interview on friday to? what time 9 as well? you going for a spouse visa or fiance?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Well, after I finished the medical, the nurse said the admin person who would write up the bill for the MMR was still at lunch, so they said they would mail it to me. I presume it's in the envelope I got this morning.

Yes, I would agree that though the staff were polite and helpful, the organisation was lacking in places. The nurse told me that they had done over 600 US visa medicals since they started in April. That's some going by anyone's standards. You can see why there have been (and still are) some teething problems.

I'm going for a spouse CR1 visa. Wife and I married in Tennessee last August and she works here as a teacher. My interview is at 11am and we aim to be there at 10.30ish. First time in London since 1984!! I bet it's changed a bit since then.

What does your wife do in DC? My wife tells me it's a fabulous city and she easily prefers it to all the other great American cities.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

I'm going for a spouse CR1 visa. Wife and I married in Tennessee last August and she works here as a teacher. My interview is at 11am and we aim to be there at 10.30ish. First time in London since 1984!! I bet it's changed a bit since then.

What does your wife do in DC? My wife tells me it's a fabulous city and she easily prefers it to all the other great American cities.
Wish mine was at 11 in a way i aim to get their 30mins early to so its a very early start for me and my wife.

My wife currently works here for the Disability Rights Commission, she doesn't have a job in DC but with both a degree and masters it shouldn't be too hard for her to get a job in the area she wants. I also have a degree (results in July) in accounting and finance so being in a majoy city hopefully i won't have to much trouble finding something easier.

When do you move out there? Our cruise leaves southampton on 26th June and Arrives in New York on 2nd July, Can't wait
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:33 am
Andy

a_J_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gooner81
Hey All,

Well finally i received my medical pack today (15th) medical was on the 6th how slow, but anyways when at Nuffeild in Birmingham i had 2 nurses and it was their first day doing US Visa Medicals. Didn't fill me with loads of confidence but anyways my point is:-

Is it right that the pack contains a copy of your X-Rays cause the Envelope is huge and says X-Rays please do not bend. I am sure Nuffeild Have done it correctly but still i don't really see why the embassy needs them lol.

Thanks for any Help

Ian
Hey Ian,

yeah everyone gets the x-rays. At the interview i was told that they didn't need the x-rays.

Once you open the huge envelope there are two more inside. One with the x-rays in and another smaller one with your results in. DONT OPEN THAT ONE. I just didn't open any until i got to the interview because i didn't want to chance it.

I didn't know you were going to birmingham i would have thought you'd get it done in London?

Andy
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by a_J_Martin
Hey Ian,

yeah everyone gets the x-rays. At the interview i was told that they didn't need the x-rays.

Once you open the huge envelope there are two more inside. One with the x-rays in and another smaller one with your results in. DONT OPEN THAT ONE. I just didn't open any until i got to the interview because i didn't want to chance it.

I didn't know you were going to birmingham i would have thought you'd get it done in London?

Andy
Had to because i couldn't get an appointment in london until the 13th and considering i only got my results yesterday when my medical was on the 6th i am glad i did go to birmingham lol.

So i can open the enevelope and not take the xrays, hmmmm think ill take all of it anyways you know in case i get an analy retentive guy who beleives you need all of them lol

Thanks for answering.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 4:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi gooner,

I just wanted to say that I think your bill for the shots will be coming to you separately, not in the sealed envelope intended for immigration. Although wouldn't it be nice if it did go to them, and they paid it for you by accident? LOL Not likely!

Rene
Old Jun 15th 2005, 4:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just roll the x-ray up into a tube....that's what I did and it wasn't a problem, well that's what the doc did, but then I had my medical way before they changed it to the nuffield....it's still unopened and in a tube, DAO didn't want anything to do with it at my AOS interview either...so one day I'll open it *l*
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:45 am
Andy

a_J_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gooner81
Had to because i couldn't get an appointment in london until the 13th and considering i only got my results yesterday when my medical was on the 6th i am glad i did go to birmingham lol.

So i can open the enevelope and not take the xrays, hmmmm think ill take all of it anyways you know in case i get an analy retentive guy who beleives you need all of them lol

Thanks for answering.
Don't blame you i'd do the same. Good luck when the interview comes around, providing you have everything it should be pretty straight forward.

Let me know how it goes.

Andy