Wikiposts

Medical in London

Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

ustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really nice
Default Medical in London

Hi,

I'm currently waiting for immigration interview in London. I just wanted to know what is required at the medical exam? Like what vaccination's and so on.

My wife is has submitted the K3 application and we are into the forth month and i want to be well prepared.

Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical in London

Originally Posted by ustraveler
Hi,

I'm currently waiting for immigration interview in London. I just wanted to know what is required at the medical exam? Like what vaccination's and so on.

My wife is has submitted the K3 application and we are into the forth month and i want to be well prepared.

Thanks
I believe the US Embassy's London website has the vaccination requirements for intending immigrants.

Rene
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:25 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Get your vaccinations from your local doctor so NHS will cover the cost. Knightsbridge doctors in London whwre you need to get your medical charge quite a bit for vaccinations. My husband went to his local doctor in Scotland and didn't pay a thing. You might have had quite a few vacs already as a child.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

ustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really niceustraveler is just really nice

I just checked the following two links and i think i'm good to go.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...v/medexam.html

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...cinechart.html

I'm 28 years of age so just about scrapped them
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:21 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked the following two links and i think i'm good to go.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...v/medexam.html

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...cinechart.html

I'm 28 years of age so just about scrapped them
FYI the varicella shot for chickenpox is not available in the UK. My husband had chickenpox as a child and the doctor wrote VH for varicella history on his vac chart so he wasn't required to get the shot even though we were previously told otherwise
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
FYI the varicella shot for chickenpox is not available in the UK. My husband had chickenpox as a child and the doctor wrote VH for varicella history on his vac chart so he wasn't required to get the shot even though we were previously told otherwise
Same with my husband.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

LondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura aboutLondonLondon2USA has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Thanks

My advice to you would be to go along to your local GP, either get them to do a blood test for you, or as I did, get a form for a blood test from them and go to your local hospital and get it done. (Much quicker) Ask to check all the ones that fall in your category, such as MMR. You might as well get immunity to chickenpox checked as they will mark this down at the medical as proven immune. Then you will have no issues in the US. When you get the results of the medical, you can ask your GP for a printout and this will cover it.
I had all mine checked and ended up just having a polio and tetanus booster. The key one for adults seems to be MMR.

The rest of the medical is pretty straightforward, X-ray, height and weight etc. I wasn't in there very long and they are very helpful. Don't forget to wear your cleanest undies!!

For the interview, be mindful if you are using a property as an asset. The Consular Officer I got, wouldn't accept a property as an asset due to current credit situation. See LondonLondon's entry. Get a joint sponsor if you can!!