Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical at Knightsbridge (not a good one)

Medical at Knightsbridge (not a good one)

Old Oct 21st 2018, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice
Default Medical at Knightsbridge (not a good one)

I thought I would write my medical experience at Knightsbridge which was on the 4th July. I had also my interview for the following week the 11th. I have no medical problems and wasn't concerned at all. Everything was going fine until I went for my x-ray. Lovely guy, took the x-ray and then said "did you know that was there". I looked at the x-ray and could see a small bright white spot, top right lobe. He said don't worry these usually aren't a problem but will get the radiologist to check later that evening. The rest of the medical was uneventful and before I left they said that someone would contact me regarding my x-ray. On the train on the way home a physician called me, very nice, but quite alarming. Said to me forget about going to the US at the moment you need to get further tests and concentrate on your health. She said they would send me the CD and report to take to my GP. I received the report by email the following day and the CD by post a day later, made an appointment with my GP who sent me for a further chest x-ray. The results of that suggested a CT scan for a more detailed analysis. Waited several weeks for a NHS appointment by which time I got so stressed I decided to go private . When I went for the CT scan, mid-August, I stupidly gave the radiographer a copy of the TB workup sheet given to me by Knightsbridge. Got the report back and phew it wasn't a problem and also NOT exactly what the radiologist from Knightsbridge had reported. However it did state 'may reflect a post infectious tuberculoma' probably because I had given the TB workup sheet. I have never had TB and definitely don't have it now. Anyhow I was relieved after having weeks of stress and worry that now I could get on with everything. I had cancelled my previous interview on the 11th July because of this. I sent the CT report to Knightsbridge mid-August and waited for them to say that my medical had been sent to the Embassy. Not so. A physician from Knightsbridge called and said that he had consulted with the radiologist and I should do a sputum test. WHAT, if they had any concerns regarding TB, why didn't request this after my initial medical in July. I was very upset on the phone but my hands were tied so I agreed to go to London 3 days consecutively the next week to give sputum samples. The nurse was lovely and said after the last one that it takes between 6-8 weeks for the results. I had made an interview appointment on September 18th, went to this, no problems at all, in and out within 1 hour and approved pending medical. Hadn't heard anything from Knightsbridge so last week, 7 weeks after giving samples, I emailed them. The same day I received an email with my results which were all negative (I knew that) and saying my medical had now been forwarded to the Embassy and my medical expires on the 4th January. My case has been in administrative processing since September and I am now waiting anxiously for it to be issued. I can honestly say its been a bit of a nightmare and very stressful. It proves that, as is said on this forum, over and over again, don't make any arrangements until you have your visa in hand. I shall be constantly checking from tomorrow waiting for my visa to be issued.
Old Oct 21st 2018, 2:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical at Knightsbridge (not a good one)

While it didn't go as you had planned, Patzy, an in-and-out medical, it was a good medical and showed a potentially very serious health concern for you. It was a good thing in that you were able to have all the tests done and are clear of any illnesses and/or potentially serious health issues. Yes, your visa (sorry, I don't recall what you were going for) was delayed, but you are healthy and in due course whatever the visa is, it will be approved.

Please come back and let us know when that occurs. Crossing fingers that you don't have a long wait for the adjudication of the visa. Have you received instructions to post your passport to the Embassy or did you leave it there at the time of your interview?
Old Oct 21st 2018, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice

Thank you. Mine is an IR1 visa. Of course I am happy that medically all is good but the two things I wasn’t happy about was the radiologist at Knightsbridge not exactly giving a correct report and not requesting sputum samples, if they had concerns, immediately after my medical which would have saved a lot of time. My interview however was a breeze and yes my passport is at the Embassy. The medical was forwarded on the 16th October so I’m hoping it will be issued this week � ����
Old Oct 24th 2018, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patzy
... I can honestly say its been a bit of a nightmare and very stressful. It proves that, as is said on this forum, over and over again, don't make any arrangements until you have your visa in hand. I shall be constantly checking from tomorrow waiting for my visa to be issued.
Wow. You certainly went through it! I'm so sorry you had such a horrible time - I can only imagine the frustration and anxiety caused by all those complications and delays - but hooray for a happy ending, finally! Here's to a speedy issue of your visa, and to safe travels once you've received it. Congratulations!
Old Oct 24th 2018, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KK85
Wow. You certainly went through it! I'm so sorry you had such a horrible time - I can only imagine the frustration and anxiety caused by all those complications and delays - but hooray for a happy ending, finally! Here's to a speedy issue of your visa, and to safe travels once you've received it. Congratulations!
Thank you. However although my medical was sent to the Embassy on the 16th I now seem to be stuck in the abyss that is administrative processing and I don’t know why. There was a date change yesterday but at interview the consular officer said once we receive your medical your visa will be issued 2 days later. Maybe I should not pay much attention to that but I can’t help thinking something else is wrong.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 9:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, you shouldn't. AP, even just for waiting on medical results and not because of needing security clearance, can take 24 hours to 24 days to well over a month. It is unfortunate, but have seen it happen many times before.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
No, you shouldn't. AP, even just for waiting on medical results and not because of needing security clearance, can take 24 hours to 24 days to well over a month. It is unfortunate, but have seen it happen many times before.
Oh I do hope not. As we didn’t want to fly with our dog we are booked on the Queen Mary in December which doesn’t arrive in New York until the 22nd. My medical expires 2 weeks after that. I wondered if there were any further problems would they contact me by email?
Old Oct 25th 2018, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Just an update my visa has been ISSUED. Can’t tell you what a relief it is
Old Oct 25th 2018, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Congratulations.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news! Congratulations!
Old Oct 25th 2018, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks and thank you for your support.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!