Medical and K1 Interview Wait Times

Wikiposts

Medical and K1 Interview Wait Times

Old Oct 30th 2018, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

01morrissonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical and K1 Interview Wait Times

Good afternoon all,

My fiancée and I received our NOA2 that our petition for a K1 Visa has been approved and sent on to the NVC at the end of September so we're expecting the next letter to arrive any day now (it did say within 30 days so....).
As I understand it the next steps are getting a letter to arrange my medical and telling me what documents to bring.

So:
How long after having the medical do you attend the K1 interview?
Am I responsible for arranging a date for the date and time of the K1 interview or is it a date and time set by the US embassy?

I appreciate everyone's experience is going to be different but I've seen some very long waiting times between Medical and Interviews.

Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2018, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical and K1 Interview Wait Times

Originally Posted by 01morrissonj
How long after having the medical do you attend the K1 interview?
You need to complete the interview and enter the USA within 6 months of the medical.

Originally Posted by 01morrissonj
Am I responsible for arranging a date for the date and time of the K1 interview or is it a date and time set by the US embassy?
You are responsible. The London US embassy website has good instructions that outline all of the steps.