Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical & Interview review

Medical & Interview review

Old Jun 27th 2018, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Medical & Interview review

My medical was a couple of weeks ago and was a smooth process, as it is for the majority of people. But I will add that I have had some major surgeries this year and was a little concerned about the upcoming visa medical. I had the surgeons write out reports of what they did and that the outcome was good and all was well, this more than satisfied the Dr at Knightsbridge. So no issues and bar the usual blood/urine results to wait on.

My interview was this morning and I found that rather anticlimactic! Went through security, jumped to the front of the queue once in the front doors. Big bonus as queue was quite big! Waited for my number to be called and gave the relevant paperwork. After all the issues I had with my military records they just took my certificate of service and nothing else was said. Back to waiting another 10 mins or so then called back up to a different window for the interview. Which took all of 2 minutes, quick oath, fingerprints then the lady says ok all is in order we will go ahead and process your visa!
She just added visa will take 1-2 weeks, commented on how she liked the Texas marriage license and enjoy the rest of my day.

I felt like a fool considering the nervous wreck I was on the train to London earlier this morning, 😂 but job done and hopefully I’ll be on my way to Dallas Fort Worth airport in a couple of weeks to start this next chapter! Thanks to all that have helped along the way, having this network is invaluable during this whole process!
Old Jun 27th 2018, 10:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical & Interview review

First off, congratulations! Second off, everyone feels it is anti-climatic and it is very and everyone is a nervous wreck even if they have an saintly background so you are not alone with feeling foolish. You're only human.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 11:09 am
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jun 28th 2018, 5:26 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! And good luck in your upcoming new life over here in the USA.

It is a huge relief to get the interview done - you must have been at the embassy around the same time as my elder son who had his immigrant visa interview yesterday too. He said he was only in there for 45 mins, which was much faster than our O-1/O-3 interviews in 2014. His status has changed to administrative processing today, can't wait for it to say issued and for him to get his passport in hand so I can book his flights!
Old Jun 28th 2018, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Congratulations! And good luck in your upcoming new life over here in the USA.

It is a huge relief to get the interview done - you must have been at the embassy around the same time as my elder son who had his immigrant visa interview yesterday too. He said he was only in there for 45 mins, which was much faster than our O-1/O-3 interviews in 2014. His status has changed to administrative processing today, can't wait for it to say issued and for him to get his passport in hand so I can book his flights!
I was there from about 1015 till 1130 maybe, wasn’t that busy in the immigrant visa section. I’ve changed to administrative processing too this afternoon, hoping it will her issued before they break up for 4th July!
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

kbales is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! I'm in Austin, Texas - we have the sunshine and heat ready for you!
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kbales
Congratulations! I'm in Austin, Texas - we have the sunshine and heat ready for you!
Haha I had hoped to be there months ago so would have some time to try climatise, but process has taken a lot longer! So I’m ready to melt but my wife has got an extra fan for my side of the bed 😜