Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical Form I-693 Changes

Wikiposts

Medical Form I-693 Changes

Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:38 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Form I-693 Changes

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The doctors on the list should have the form. Ours in Phoenix did.

Rene
Thanks Rene, Since there is a big lists of USCS docs in NY I assume at least one will have a form!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Thanks. We never realised that he would hve to get the form filled out by a doctor here. Do they all have those forms onhand or should we print them out and bring it?
The form isn't available to the public; the panel doc completes it.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:40 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
The form isn't available to the public; the panel doc completes it.
Thanks. I didn't know that
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:40 am

My attorney just told me that my fiancee needs to get another medical for AOS for his K1.. I told her according to form I485 his medical is good for a year and we only need the vac suppliment and to get form I693 filled out from a USCS doctor.I know other people have mentioned that as well. She alsp originally said he could get a medical by a local doctor which was obviously wrong. Also does he need to get the varicella shot at a USCS doctor or could he just get it at a clinic or something? I don't know why she daid we haveto get a whole other medical. When I mentioned that the I485 said he didn't need one she never answered me back.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Also does he need to get the varicella shot at a USCS doctor or could he just get it at a clinic or something?
He can get the jab anywhere, as long as he can prove he has had it.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:06 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

My attorney just told me that my fiancee needs to get another medical for AOS for his K1.. I told her according to form I485 his medical is good for a year and we only need the vac suppliment and to get form I693 filled out from a USCS doctor.I know other people have mentioned that as well. She alsp originally said he could get a medical by a local doctor which was obviously wrong. Also does he need to get the varicella shot at a USCS doctor or could he just get it at a clinic or something? I don't know why she daid we haveto get a whole other medical. When I mentioned that the I485 said he didn't need one she never answered me back.
How much is your attorney paying you for all the K-1 education you're giving her?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:13 am

How much is your attorney paying you for all the K-1 education you're giving her?
I know! She just answered me back basically YELLING IN AN EMAIL now saying that's right but he still has to get the shot by a USCIS doctor. All his other shots were done by NHS .They are not USCIS doctors! Anytime I have caught her giving me the wrong advice she gets so nasty! I thought I was paying her to help me not to be condescending and rude!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:51 am

I had just recently stumbled over the clarifying (recent) memo about the medicals for K visa folk. You might want to mooch around the Press Room at uscis.gov to see if you can find it before I have a chance to go looking.

Not that that will likely improve her attitude--no one likes to be told how to do their job.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:20 pm

I had just recently stumbled over the clarifying (recent) memo about the medicals for K visa folk. You might want to mooch around the Press Room at uscis.gov to see if you can find it before I have a chance to go looking.

Not that that will likely improve her attitude--no one likes to be told how to do their job.
Nothing will improve her attitude. She's a miserable person . I know that no one likes to be told how to do their job but as an immigration attorney she should know certain things which she obviously doesn't. i have paid her thousands of dollars and I expected to be getting the proper advice and guidance.I am going to check the websitetomorrow. I have been working two jobs and I'm so exhausted so I can't think to clearly now!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:20 am

Nothing will improve her attitude. She's a miserable person . I know that no one likes to be told how to do their job but as an immigration attorney she should know certain things which she obviously doesn't. i have paid her thousands of dollars and I expected to be getting the proper advice and guidance.I am going to check the websitetomorrow. I have been working two jobs and I'm so exhausted so I can't think to clearly now!
This isn't what I was thinking of originally, penguin, but on the form itself it clearly states that you don't need to re-do. I know you already know that, but here you go: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Link to the law part about vaccines.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:01 pm

This isn't what I was thinking of originally, penguin, but on the form itself it clearly states that you don't need to re-do. I know you already know that, but here you go: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Link to the law part about vaccines.
Thanks very much Meauxna. You've been a great help!
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:47 am

Hi. is the I693 vaccination suppliment form different than an I693 or are they the same? The I693 seems to ask a medical exam which my fiancee had in London for his K1. Jut wondeirng if there are two different forms because he will not be getting another exam since his was done in May and I want to make sure everything is filled out correctly. I had to call around to several USCIS dotors because quite a few did not or would not do the vaccination and form only they insisted on doing a physical as well which thanks to several people on here I found out that he doesn't need that. Also will the doctor give us a copy of the form that he puts in the envelpoe so we can have it for our records?
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

Hi Pengiun,
From personal experience I did all my shots required at my own personal doctor and then took the documents with me to the USCIS doctor and they were fine with me doing it that way as it saved me a bunch of money.
Good luck
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. is the I693 vaccination suppliment form different than an I693 or are they the same? The I693 seems to ask a medical exam which my fiancee had in London for his K1. Jut wondeirng if there are two different forms because he will not be getting another exam since his was done in May and I want to make sure everything is filled out correctly. I had to call around to several USCIS dotors because quite a few did not or would not do the vaccination and form only they insisted on doing a physical as well which thanks to several people on here I found out that he doesn't need that. Also will the doctor give us a copy of the form that he puts in the envelpoe so we can have it for our records?
Just fyi - we never had to do anything further at all as regards a medical or supplement or anything.

Of course, ymmv.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:52 am

Thanks. He got all his shots at NHS so he just needs the one plus the form filled out. I don't want to take a risk on him not getting the shot even though he had chicken pox. As long as they fill out the paperwork correctly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.