Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical Form I-693 Changes

Wikiposts

Medical Form I-693 Changes

Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical Form I-693 Changes

I'm not sure how this affects K visa folks caught between visa and arrival or not; I just report, not interpret.
I know there have been many TB questions floating around lately--see inside and links at the page.

USCIS Modifies Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it has revised Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. The revision was necessitated by changes to the Tuberculosis (TB) Component of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons.

This revised form (edition date 04/02/08) must be used for any medical examination completed on or after May 1, 2008. Previous editions of the Form I-693 may not be used on or after that date.

The medical examination Form I-693 provides USCIS results of a medical examination for applicants filing for adjustment of status to become permanent residents. The examination is required to ensure that an applicant is not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.

The new form lists seven TB classifications at the bottom of its first page. Civil surgeons must record the results of all medical examinations conducted on or after May 1, 2008, on the new form.

Additionally, the current vaccination supplement will not be accepted for any vaccination assessment completed on or after May 1, 2008. An updated vaccination supplement has been included in part 2 of the revised form.

The revised TB Component of the Technical Instructions is available for review in the "Related Links" section of this page. For more information on the revised Form I-693, call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283
Old Jun 25th 2008, 2:46 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Form I-693 Changes

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm not sure how this affects K visa folks caught between visa and arrival or not; I just report, not interpret.
I know there have been many TB questions floating around lately--see inside and links at the page.

USCIS Modifies Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it has revised Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. The revision was necessitated by changes to the Tuberculosis (TB) Component of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons.

This revised form (edition date 04/02/08) must be used for any medical examination completed on or after May 1, 2008. Previous editions of the Form I-693 may not be used on or after that date.

The medical examination Form I-693 provides USCIS results of a medical examination for applicants filing for adjustment of status to become permanent residents. The examination is required to ensure that an applicant is not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.

The new form lists seven TB classifications at the bottom of its first page. Civil surgeons must record the results of all medical examinations conducted on or after May 1, 2008, on the new form.

Additionally, the current vaccination supplement will not be accepted for any vaccination assessment completed on or after May 1, 2008. An updated vaccination supplement has been included in part 2 of the revised form.

The revised TB Component of the Technical Instructions is available for review in the "Related Links" section of this page. For more information on the revised Form I-693, call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283
Hi . My fiancee recieved a copy of his vaccinations signed by the Knightsbridge doctors but he did not recieve a I693 form . Wasthe doctor supposed to give him this for his k1 and AOS? I read he should have gotten thsi in a sealed envelope. Does he just call the doctors office to rquest this?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Hi . My fiancee recieved a copy of his vaccinations signed by the Knightsbridge doctors but he did not recieve a I693 form . Wasthe doctor supposed to give him this for his k1 and AOS? I read he should have gotten thsi in a sealed envelope. Does he just call the doctors office to rquest this?
After he enters the USA, he will need to make an appointment with a USCIS civil surgeon here in the USA. He will bring proof of his vaccinations, and the doctor will fill out a form (I-693, the doctor supplies the form) which verifies he's had all his vaccinations up to date. The doctor will give the results to him in a sealed envelope which you'll include with the AOS package.

So yes, he should bring proof of his vaccinations to the USA.

Rene
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:26 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
After he enters the USA, he will need to make an appointment with a USCIS civil surgeon here in the USA. He will bring proof of his vaccinations, and the doctor will fill out a form (I-693, the doctor supplies the form) which verifies he's had all his vaccinations up to date. The doctor will give the results to him in a sealed envelope which you'll include with the AOS package.

Rene
So he has to pay for another medical after paying $400?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So he has to pay for another medical after paying $400?
Not a whole new complete medical, no. Just a fee for the doctor to fill out the I-693. Might be around $20, might be around $100, you'll have to check with the USCIS doctors in your area.

Rene
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:39 am

Not a whole new complete medical, no. Just a fee for the doctor to fill out the I-693. Might be around $20, might be around $100, you'll have to check with the USCIS doctors in your area.

Rene
Ok. Thanks!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Rene
Keith did not have to do this - the lawyer said he did not expect any further medical to be required, and none was requested. (K-1, AOS now completed).

Not sure if they've changed the rules, or we were lucky for some reason (but they lawyer didn't seem to think a vac. supplement s/b required)
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:40 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Keith did not have to do this - the lawyer said he did not expect any further medical to be required, and none was requested. (K-1, AOS now completed).

Not sure if they've changed the rules, or we were lucky for some reason (but they lawyer didn't seem to think a vac. supplement s/b required)
This is an ongoing controversy, from what I have gleened.

IF the K-1 medical was completed less than one year from AOS application, and IF all vax were completed at that time, there is no regulation that says you have to go get the vax supplement thing.
BUT, some people got RFEs for the 'missing' supplement and rather than fight City Hall, chose the easy path of getting the required certificate and answering the RFE.

That morphed into the prophalactic use of the vax supplement. Some folks think more is better, or better safe than sorry etc.

That's my current understanding of a process I did not do, from reading reports from potentially confused people.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:40 am

Thanks Tracy. I guess I should ask my attorney although I have gotten some badadvice from her so I am not totally trusting. Thats part of the reason I went on this sight.Although all she does is immigration. Hope you get to see Scotland sometime. Although with the exchange rate and the rising airfares its an expensive trip! If I didn't use my frequent flier miles the flight from New York was almost$1100!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
This is an ongoing controversy, from what I have gleened.

IF the K-1 medical was completed less than one year from AOS application, and IF all vax were completed at that time, there is no regulation that says you have to go get the vax supplement thing.
BUT, some people got RFEs for the 'missing' supplement and rather than fight City Hall, chose the easy path of getting the required certificate and answering the RFE.

That morphed into the prophalactic use of the vax supplement. Some folks think more is better, or better safe than sorry etc.

That's my current understanding of a process I did not do, from reading reports from potentially confused people.
Thanks! Its so confusing! My fiancee hasall his vacs except for the varicella or Chicken Po vac which they don't do in the UK. I hope we can just find a clinic in NY to get one from . I would hate to pay for a whole medical yo just get that shot!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:03 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Your fiancee is fine. The report is sent from the doctor in the UK to the US Consulate in London directly. Your fiancee was not to get the sealed results. He was and did get a copy of the vaccinnation report and should not lose this. It will be needed to show the USCIS Panel Physician in the US.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry everyone I know this subject is posted on the forums but I can't seem to find it....

So, I thought while on the subject and there are people on this thread talking about vaccinations - I thought I'd ask.

What is the complete list of vaccinations needed for the K1 medical?

Please could some nice person/persons, point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by gstring
Sorry everyone I know this subject is posted on the forums but I can't seem to find it....

So, I thought while on the subject and there are people on this thread talking about vaccinations - I thought I'd ask.

What is the complete list of vaccinations needed for the K1 medical?

Please could some nice person/persons, point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys!
Hi . There is a list of the vaccinations on the US embassy in London website. Also under the vaccinations for C1 thread on here there is a direct link.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Rete
Your fiancee is fine. The report is sent from the doctor in the UK to the US Consulate in London directly. Your fiancee was not to get the sealed results. He was and did get a copy of the vaccinnation report and should not lose this. It will be needed to show the USCIS Panel Physician in the US.
Thanks. We never realised that he would hve to get the form filled out by a doctor here. Do they all have those forms onhand or should we print them out and bring it? I saw that there are quiteafew dodctors in NYC that are USCS certified. Also if anyone knows where in NYC that he could get the varicella shot that doesn't cost a mint it would be appreciated. He won't be over here untilthe fall. Needs to sort out renting out his house and to work as long as possible.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:43 am

Thanks. We never realised that he would hve to get the form filled out by a doctor here. Do they all have those forms onhand or should we print them out and bring it? I saw that there are quiteafew dodctors in NYC that are USCS certified. Also if anyone knows where in NYC that he could get the varicella shot that doesn't cost a mint it would be appreciated. He won't be over here untilthe fall. Needs to sort out renting out his house and to work as long as possible.
The doctors on the list should have the form. Ours in Phoenix did.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.