Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical Experience - K1 visa - Iranian citizen - Ankara Embassy

Wikiposts

Medical Experience - K1 visa - Iranian citizen - Ankara Embassy

Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical Experience - K1 visa - Iranian citizen - Ankara Embassy

Just thought I'd share Sadegh's medical experience, for future members who browse the NG, since there's not too much posted here for Iranians going through Ankara.

Sadegh had to call several times to the American Hospital in Istanbul to make the appointment. It was near Thanksgiving, and the doctor was on vacation. The American Hospital is the only place in Istanbul to get the medical done, and there's only one doctor on duty who does them. He finally got an appointment for December 2, at noon. He arrives at 11:45 on his appointment day, and waits until 3:00 pm when they finally call his name!! The first question they ask him is "have you eaten anything today?" He says "yes, a bowl of soup at 11:00 a.m." They say "sorry, the blood test requires fasting...make another appointment!" He was pretty upset. All the times he called in, they never told him to fast!

So he makes another appointment for December 5, for 10:00 a.m. This time he eats nothing beforehand, and they saw him pretty soon after he arrived. They drew blood and did several x-rays, along with the usual blood pressure check, etc. They did *not* give him vaccinations, even though he doesn't have any record of them from childhood. They said he didn't need them in order to come to the states. I guess he'll be getting those here, then.

He returned to the hospital to pick up the results on December 9. They handed him a sealed envelope with an official stamp on it and reminded him that he must hand the sealed envelope to the consular officer at the interview.

He paid approximately $192.00 for the medical exam. They also needed 2 immigration-type photos from him which he had ready (thanks to the info on this NG!).

Hope this post helps others in this situation! :-)

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Experience - K1 visa - Iranian citizen - Ankara Embassy

Istabul is expensive! It was only $75 for Cairo!

PK

Originally posted by Noorah101
Just thought I'd share Sadegh's medical experience, for future members who browse the NG, since there's not too much posted here for Iranians going through Ankara.

Sadegh had to call several times to the American Hospital in Istanbul to make the appointment. It was near Thanksgiving, and the doctor was on vacation. The American Hospital is the only place in Istanbul to get the medical done, and there's only one doctor on duty who does them. He finally got an appointment for December 2, at noon. He arrives at 11:45 on his appointment day, and waits until 3:00 pm when they finally call his name!! The first question they ask him is "have you eaten anything today?" He says "yes, a bowl of soup at 11:00 a.m." They say "sorry, the blood test requires fasting...make another appointment!" He was pretty upset. All the times he called in, they never told him to fast!

So he makes another appointment for December 5, for 10:00 a.m. This time he eats nothing beforehand, and they saw him pretty soon after he arrived. They drew blood and did several x-rays, along with the usual blood pressure check, etc. They did *not* give him vaccinations, even though he doesn't have any record of them from childhood. They said he didn't need them in order to come to the states. I guess he'll be getting those here, then.

He returned to the hospital to pick up the results on December 9. They handed him a sealed envelope with an official stamp on it and reminded him that he must hand the sealed envelope to the consular officer at the interview.

He paid approximately $192.00 for the medical exam. They also needed 2 immigration-type photos from him which he had ready (thanks to the info on this NG!).

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2003, 9:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Khadija
Istabul is expensive! It was only $75 for Cairo!

PK
Wow...lucky Abdo! The Packet 3 instructions listed the fees for everything, and Sadegh's amount that he paid matched up perfectly with what was quoted in the instructions. I guess you can't bargain for the medical expenses...LOL
Old Dec 12th 2003, 12:06 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Rene

About the fasting--I have never read in any other medical experience that they have told people not to eat (noteably London experiences). And surely it is the same everywhere. I think they were just being awkward. Also, why 'several' X-rays? One is all they need.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 12:25 pm

Originally posted by MrsLondon
About the fasting--I have never read in any other medical experience that they have told people not to eat (noteably London experiences). And surely it is the same everywhere. I think they were just being awkward. Also, why 'several' X-rays? One is all they need.
I really don't know. I was going to remind him to fast, just in case, but couldn't get hold of him before he left for the hospital. And the way he described it, he told me "they took many pictures of my body" (x-rays...lol)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:14 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Rene
Brilliant!!

In Morocco they do not give you anything at the medical appointment. They send everything directly to the consulate. My husband never touched anything from the doctor (sealed or not) even though he was the one paying LOL. Another interesting thing....... The price was approximately $100 American.

Leslie