Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

MEDICAL EXAM FOR AOS INTERVIEW

Wikiposts

MEDICAL EXAM FOR AOS INTERVIEW

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 9:31 am
Tom

My wife came into the US in August 2001 on a K-l visa. She had her medical exam in
Moscow August 2001. We have her AOS interview in Santa Ana, Calif. on Feb. 5, 2002.
They are requesting another medical exam and submission of Form I-693. I have read
conflicting information regarding the need for another exam (another $225) for a K-1
entry. Anyone know the facts....

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 9:45 am
Jim

The policy seems to vary from one foeld office to another. Here in Atlanta, my wife
didn't need a new exam for her AOS interview. But the fact that they are requesting a
new one at your field office means you had better get it.

TOM wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 1:34 pm
Nicole

They sent a medical exam form in my AOS package too. After reading the fine print,
(stating that K-1ers dont need to get one) I decided not to get one and submitted my
vaccination supplement instead, and that was just fine with them. You can bet your
butt if I HAD gone ahead and done it, they never would have told me, "Oh, you didnt
need to do that!" I filed in Houston BTW.

Nicole

Jim <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > My wife came into the US in August 2001 on a K-l visa. She had her medical exam[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in Moscow August 2001. We have her AOS interview in Santa Ana, Calif. on Feb. 5,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 2002. They are requesting another medical exam and submission of Form I-693. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have read conflicting information regarding the need for another exam (another[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > $225) for a K-1 entry. Anyone know the facts....[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 24th 2002, 3:45 am
Druyan

As Nicole stated, if you read everything in the introduction before the forms you
should find a paragraph that states that K1ers don't need to do the entire medical
again, just do the Vaccination part. I took the vaccination info from my K1 visa to
the local doctor and had him do a new form for $25.

"Nicole" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > The policy seems to vary from one foeld office to another. Here in Atlanta, my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wife didn't need a new exam for her AOS interview. But the fact that they are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > requesting a new one at your field office means you had better get it.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > TOM wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > My wife came into the US in August 2001 on a K-l visa. She had her medical exam[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > in Moscow August 2001. We have her AOS interview in Santa Ana, Calif. on Feb.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > 5, 2002. They are requesting another medical exam and submission of Form I-693.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I have read conflicting information regarding the need for another exam[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > (another $225) for a K-1 entry. Anyone know the facts....[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jan 24th 2002, 12:02 pm
Ben Johnson

You absolutely do NOT need a new medical exam for a K-1 (assuming the K-1 exam is
less than a year old when you filed for AOS)

The law is specific on this (8CFR 245.5)

What varies from office to office, is simply the level of basic knowledge among the
civil servants who do not take their job serious enough, to become familiar with a
firm understanding of it....and lazy or poor management for allowing that to happen.

(If you are asked for a vaccination supplement, specifically, I would get that)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > My wife came into the US in August 2001 on a K-l visa. She had her medical exam[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in Moscow August 2001. We have her AOS interview in Santa Ana, Calif. on Feb. 5,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 2002. They are requesting another medical exam and submission of Form I-693. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have read conflicting information regarding the need for another exam (another[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > $225) for a K-1 entry. Anyone know the facts....[/usenetquote2]
    >