British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Medical Appointment in London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/medical-appointment-london-924252/)

Wirksworth Apr 17th 2019 2:59 pm

Medical Appointment in London

Hi All,
I am trying to work out a schedule for the next steps in our K1 visa process. Our application is on its way from the NVC to the London Embassy so I am thinking about when to schedule the medical and then interview with everything else I need to do in planning the move to the USA.

I tried to speak to the Medical company today and after being put on hold my position in the queue hadn't changed after 15 minutes in the queue I was still no 5 in the queue ( I was repeatedly told my call is Very important to them). I don't know how each call takes so long and the queue doesn't go down ?
I only want to ask how far into the future the slots are available so I can form a rough plan as I am note yet able to book as I need my london reference number - can anyone who has recently booked a London medical let me know how long they had to wait ?
thanks

tom169 Apr 17th 2019 11:24 pm

Re: Medical Appointment in London

Wait times are as variable as a piece of string. My recommendation would be call as soon as they open.

When I had my medical a few years back they'd take appointments about a month out.

civilservant Apr 18th 2019 10:43 am

Back in 2013 I scheduled mine as soon as I had the case number, which I think was about 6 weeks before.

Wirksworth Apr 18th 2019 3:10 pm

Well I am not sure how they manage to run their Medical screening business ( Oh they have a monopoly) - been in the queue to book an appointment today - started at position 8 and now at 2 - call has so far taken 1 hr 58 minutes and there office is now shut . I called on another line and when I was at position 2- 3 for 1 1/2 hrs there were 14 others in the queue . This is my second call of the day to them the first took 35 minutes then I got cut off so 2 2/1 hrs in queues and still no appointment

tom169 Apr 18th 2019 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Wirksworth (Post 12672779)
Well I am not sure how they manage to run their Medical screening business ( Oh they have a monopoly) - been in the queue to book an appointment today - started at position 8 and now at 2 - call has so far taken 1 hr 58 minutes and there office is now shut . I called on another line and when I was at position 2- 3 for 1 1/2 hrs there were 14 others in the queue . This is my second call of the day to them the first took 35 minutes then I got cut off so 2 2/1 hrs in queues and still no appointment

Definitely is a monopoly

Rete Apr 18th 2019 5:23 pm

I'm sorry you are having this issue with Knightsbridge medical's phone answering abilities. Honestly, I don't recall anyone complaining about the longevity of wait time to speak with an actual person.

It might help to bear in mind that they not only do the physical for US immigration but is also a medical facility for 'regular' patients.

Do you have your LND number and police certificate? You need the LND number to book your appointment.

Wirksworth Apr 18th 2019 7:17 pm

Hi Rete, Yes I have the LND number and my police report. I read on another forum someone spent 1 1/2 hrs on a call this week but they got through. I guess when you have a monopoly you can abuse your position but eventually I guess the Embassy will get to know how poor they are.
Will try again tomorrow

tom169 Apr 18th 2019 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Wirksworth (Post 12672873)
Hi Rete, Yes I have the LND number and my police report. I read on another forum someone spent 1 1/2 hrs on a call this week but they got through. I guess when you have a monopoly you can abuse your position but eventually I guess the Embassy will get to know how poor they are.
Will try again tomorrow

Oh I'm sure there is a sweet kickback deal in it somewhere.