Wikiposts

Medical for AOS

Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:28 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light
Default Medical for AOS

So - I need to go in for a Medical for my AOS. We were slow in filing the AOS paperwork (from a K1) but all is in order. When we filed the AOS paperwork, I sent in a copy of the copy (!) the Civil Surgeon in Toronto had given me of the vaccination paperwork. We just got our interview letter, with an interview scheduled for March 2.

As I understand it, because it's been more than a year between filings, I need a new medical - correct? Does anyone have any experience with any civil surgeon's office in Minneapolis/St Paul? Does anyone remember what these physicals cost? Do I just need a Vaccination supplement, or the whole shebang again?

I'm too easily confused. Hee.

Elly
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical for AOS

Originally Posted by Elenfair
So - I need to go in for a Medical for my AOS. We were slow in filing the AOS paperwork (from a K1) but all is in order. When we filed the AOS paperwork, I sent in a copy of the copy (!) the Civil Surgeon in Toronto had given me of the vaccination paperwork. We just got our interview letter, with an interview scheduled for March 2.

As I understand it, because it's been more than a year between filings, I need a new medical - correct? Does anyone have any experience with any civil surgeon's office in Minneapolis/St Paul? Does anyone remember what these physicals cost? Do I just need a Vaccination supplement, or the whole shebang again?

I'm too easily confused. Hee.

Elly
Hi Elly,

I believe if you filed AOS within a year of having your medical done overseas, you don't need a new medical.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:31 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Elly,

I believe if you filed AOS within a year of having your medical done overseas, you don't need a new medical.

Best Wishes,
Rene
We filed juuuust after a year. Guess I need to do it again. I've had a fun year being poked and prodded by medical personnel (nothing quite like it!) already, so the prospect of going in for a medical makes me want to scream. Hee.

In many ways, I can't undrestand WHY they want me to go back in - it's not like things have changed since they did the medical when I got my K1... but whatcha gonna do, as they say

E.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:19 am
David Hodkinson

Hi I believe your medical is only good for one year after having it, no
matter what. Also they are quite costly, I think about $300 or a bit more.
You basically shouldnt need any more jabs unless one of yours is expired,
such as the tetanus that only lasts 10 years, if you have the basic ones
such as MMR, tetanus, and diptheria. Good luck!
"Elenfair" <member9538@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > Hi Elly,
    > >
    > > I believe if you filed AOS within a year of having your medical done
    > > overseas, you don't need a new medical.
    > >
    > > Best Wishes,
    > > Rene
    > We filed juuuust after a year. ;) Guess I need to do it again. I've
    > had a fun year being poked and prodded by medical personnel (nothing
    > quite like it!) already, so the prospect of going in for a medical makes
    > me want to scream. Hee.
    > In many ways, I can't undrestand WHY they want me to go back in - it's
    > not like things have changed since they did the medical when I got my
    > K1... but whatcha gonna do, as they say ;)
    > E.
    > --
    > Now married and living in MN... waiting for AOS.
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:46 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elenfair
We filed juuuust after a year. Guess I need to do it again. I've had a fun year being poked and prodded by medical personnel (nothing quite like it!) already, so the prospect of going in for a medical makes me want to scream. Hee.

In many ways, I can't undrestand WHY they want me to go back in - it's not like things have changed since they did the medical when I got my K1... but whatcha gonna do, as they say

E.
Hey you
Long time no chat!
What does the letter say exactly?
I sent the medical I was given at my medical in Madrid even though it has been almost 2 years haha, I don't care if I get a RFE.. I am already here, medical cost big bucks, If they go along with it I can save some money, not the best way to proceed but money is tight nowdays!