Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Medical after interview?

Medical after interview?

Old Apr 13th 2018, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical after interview?

I've just received my appointment at the consulate for 3 weeks time. I couldn't get through to book my medical today, I've seen that Stubear booked his medical today and the earliest he could get was 11th may.
So, is it a major issue if I don't have my medical until after my visa appointment?
Old Apr 13th 2018, 8:06 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical after interview?

There is a good chance you could get a cancellation, I was offered the 17th April which was a cancellation, but I commitment I can't get out of.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuBear65
There is a good chance you could get a cancellation, I was offered the 17th April which was a cancellation, but I commitment I can't get out of.
Oh I hope so!! I'll be ringing first thing Monday morning.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they still approve visa pending medical results, or if in no rush request a later interview date.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 8:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I would keep the original visa interview date. They will do the interview and put visa approval on hold pending medical results. This has happened to others before.

Rene
Old Apr 14th 2018, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Spanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say your chances of a cancellation are pretty good. FYI I rang for mine on a Monday at 0901 and was 3rd in the queue. After sitting at this spot till 0910, I was curious as to how many people were sitting behind me. When I dialled on my other phone, it told me I was 15th in the queue! So I'd dial at 0859 for the best chances of a cancellation!
Old Apr 17th 2018, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Well I rang Monday morning and had the medical today!
They want further information on a couple of health issues, they gave me the letters to take to my doctors which I did today.
Otherwise it all went pretty smoothly.
Now to start worrying about the interview!
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Wow ... you Brits like to worry a lot don't you!

The interview will be less than 5 minutes. Name, other half's name, where will you be living, perhaps ask what you do for a living, end of interview. Approved.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Wow ... you Brits like to worry a lot don't you!

The interview will be less than 5 minutes. Name, other half's name, where will you be living, perhaps ask what you do for a living, end of interview. Approved.
Oh I hope it is that simple, I'm so worried. My (our) whole future depends on that interview, it's just very scary.
Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
Oh I hope it is that simple, I'm so worried. My (our) whole future depends on that interview, it's just very scary.
Fingers crossed.
No doubt it's one of the biggest moments in your life. I was definitely worried, but can now thankfully say that from experience it was just fine. Good luck.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
Fingers crossed.
I didn't mean to make fun. I understand being nervous about the interview, especially if you had no idea what the procedure, questions and attitude of the examiner would be. But to worry implies that you believe that there is something in your medical history, criminal history, or in your spouse's or fiancée's financial situation which would deem you inadmissible.

I'm sorry that you feel that you have no future with your spouse if you do not get approved at the interview. Knowing that a divorce is in the cards if you don't get a visa is scary. Best wishes.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
I didn't mean to make fun. I understand being nervous about the interview, especially if you had no idea what the procedure, questions and attitude of the examiner would be. But to worry implies that you believe that there is something in your medical history, criminal history, or in your spouse's or fiancée's financial situation which would deem you inadmissible.

I'm sorry that you feel that you have no future with your spouse if you do not get approved at the interview. Knowing that a divorce is in the cards if you don't get a visa is scary. Best wishes.
Oh we aren't going to be divorced, if it doesnt happen then we carry on. I can't think of any reason why I would be denied. But it's taken a year to get to this point....I worry. But hopefully it will all go well.