Medical abnormal x ray

Old Jul 19th 2019, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Calibound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical abnormal x ray

Hello,

I'm a long time lurker and my fiancee has petitioned for a K1 visa.

So far everything has been approved and I had my medical this week. I am due to have my visa interview at the embassy on Tuesday 23rd July.

I received a call from the visa medical place today to say that they found an abnormality in my chest X-ray - I have a shadow on my left lung. They would like me to do a sputum test where I go in for three consecutive mornings and produce a sputum sample for them to go off for testing. They have said that this would take 6 to 8 weeks for the results to come through and I would need another chest x ray in 4 to 6 weeks to see if the shadow has changed at all or if it has gone completely.

I am having these samples taken on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday next week and my GP has also requested an X-ray under the NHS just in case I need to be reviewed in the chest clinic locally. I am going away at the end of September (23rd) for my best friend's wedding and I don't believe I would have enough time for the medical to get to the embassy and my visa give (If successful) before I needed it to go away. Obviously I need my passport to go away.

In this instance do you believe it would be best to hold off on the visa interview at the embassy until the medical side of things are sorted? Or has anyone heard of a time where someone has had their interview at the embassy and they haven't taken their passport on the day?

I don't mind going back down to the embassy and handing my passport over to them by hand again if need but I also don't want to waste an appointment time that someone else could use.

Any advice from the collective would be appreciated!
Old Jul 19th 2019, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical abnormal x ray

You could do it either way, you need a clean medical for a visa to be issued.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 10:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would hold off on making the visa appointment until your medical is clear.

You would be able to get your passport back at the interview, but I don't think you'd be able to hand it back in after your trip. You'd have to send it by courier.

Rene
Old Jul 19th 2019, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Calibound is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.

Im leaning toward just rebooking the interview until the medical side is resolved. My fiancée has sent over another ?letter of intent. Stating that she is still able and willing to marry me after our petition runs out of time (it runs out on the 7th August). I’m under the understanding that if I had to wait until after my trip (beginning of October) that it would still be okay as long as I have that new letter of intent from her.

Just a spanner in the works but I’m sure everything will be alright. She is panicking like crazy but more so due to the x Ray findings.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 1:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You do have to notify the US Embassy that you would like a continuance on the validity time of the pending visa since it will expire on August 7th and you won't be interviewing until sometime in October.