Medical

Old Apr 13th 2019, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Sandyanddavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical

Hi everyone,
I'm knew to this site, and finding it very helpful. My husband and me are planning on filing in November this year. He is USC living in USA, and am a UKC living in UK, we've been married for 8 years, and want to be together now. We've been reading and researching the whole process, and know it will take a long time. My question is, when everything has been filed and (hopefully) waiting for the NOA 2, , where we would recieve our interview date, when that has been given, is that when I try to make the appointment for my medical, and also, am I given the results from the medical, in a sealed envelope, too take to the interview. Asking because my husband will be visiting me then, to go with me, for the interview (waiting outside), so we were hoping to cover the medical and interview in a few days in London, I live in Newcastle, so its a hike, could that be a possiblity or not. Very grateful for any help.
Thanks Sandy
Old Apr 13th 2019, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical

Well you are probably looking at sometime in early 2021, and that far out I am not sure anybody can be certain what the procedures might be.

When I went through the process it was all done on the same day, obviously different now, if things stay the same then it could be possible to get everything done in one trip.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Yes, thats what we are thinking, 2021, and I understand things can change. Just trying to figure our way through things. Do you know if its possible to go for the medical, say after filing for the DS260, before an interview date is given. thank you.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Currently you book them separately and you want to have the Medical done in enough time so that it is there for the interview otherwise things will get delayed.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply, so my understanding is that, once we have filed the DS 260 application, I know we then wait for the interview date, and I know that can still be months to wait, but could I book my medical say even if it would be 3 months before an approximate interview date, Am I allowed to do that. sorry to ask so much. thanks again.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

Not sure you would be able to book it that far ahead but the time issue is that you have 6 months from the medical to enter.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all your help.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 10:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You should book the medical at least 4 or 5 days before the interview. The medical results get sent to the embassy directly. You don't take them with you.

The visa will only be valid 6 months from the date of the medical, so you don't want to book it too early and then have no time to use the visa.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2019, 11:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My advice is that once you have the notification from the National Visa Center (NVC) that your husband's I-130 has been approved and that his affidavit of support (I-130) and all the fees have been paid, it then usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for it to arrived at the US Embassy in London. There is a number that you get from the NVC that is applied to your approved petition and that number is needed to book your medical. I would book no later than 10 days before the scheduled interview date. It now takes from 3 to 5 days for the medical report to get to the US Embassy. If you do the medical 4 to 5 days before the interview, there is a very good chance they will not have it in time and the results of the interview will be delayed. Also I would not get my ARCO until the I-130 has been approved since it is only good for a year.

Your husband can go to the medical with you, meaning he can wait inside of the Knightsbridge office and he is allowed into the interview at the US Embassy with you, as well. They like seeing couples together and many have had their spouses asked to join them at the interview window.

If you were to file this summer, you might have the visa by the end of 2020.
Old Apr 14th 2019, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
My advice is that once you have the notification from the National Visa Center (NVC) that your husband's I-130 has been approved and that his affidavit of support (I-130) and all the fees have been paid, it then usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for it to arrived at the US Embassy in London. There is a number that you get from the NVC that is applied to your approved petition and that number is needed to book your medical. I would book no later than 10 days before the scheduled interview date. It now takes from 3 to 5 days for the medical report to get to the US Embassy. If you do the medical 4 to 5 days before the interview, there is a very good chance they will not have it in time and the results of the interview will be delayed. Also I would not get my ARCO until the I-130 has been approved since it is only good for a year.

Your husband can go to the medical with you, meaning he can wait inside of the Knightsbridge office and he is allowed into the interview at the US Embassy with you, as well. They like seeing couples together and many have had their spouses asked to join them at the interview window.

If you were to file this summer, you might have the visa by the end of 2020.

Thanks everyone for your help